Replacement Throttle

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tennore
Replacement Throttle

Help! Busted my throttle (again)! Problem is that I have 1 inch (27mm ?)diameter handlebars, not 7/8 or 22mm.
Can't find any resources online that stock this size. Manufacturer will order from China (where else), but it will take 6 to 8 weeks!!!

Need Hall effect, three wire (Red, Black, Green)(bare ends are ok)twist type that will fit on 1 inch diameter handlebars.

I am willing to convert to a foot throttle, but everyone seems to be out of stock of these with at least a two month delay before delivery.

Any help available? Please, Please, Please!!!

Oh, 60v system, 2000 watt brushless hub motor.

Thanks!

Tennore
Re: Replacement Throttle

OK, new info, I found the Manufacturer and the model no. of the throttle that came with the bike.

Manufacturer is ZANNX - TAIZHOU ZANNX INT'L AND TRADE CO., LTD.
Model Number is ZS012

If anybody knows who has bought parts from them, please advise.

Thanks again.

Tennore

Ok, got a foot throttle from TNC Scooters (Good Vendor)! Install was a piece of cake and no loss of performance from the bike. Can't wait for the next challenge! LOL Back on the Road!

Misha
Misha's picture

Did you ever find anyone in the states with a 27mm throttle. I have the same problem and am currently thinking about cutting off the
throttle side of my handlebar and welding on a 22mm end... am that desperate!!!

IBScootn

Motorcycles: 2011 ZEV Trail 7100, 84V, 60AH, 60+mph, Cycle Analyst, TNC throttle, modified charger. 2013 Kymco GT300i
Bicycles: 2017 Sondors Thin
Cars: 2016 Leaf SV, 30KWH pack. 2007 CR-V
Solar array: 5KW. Cost per lifetime KWH produced $0.073
Bi

Tennore

Never found 27mm, modified bike with a foot throttle from TNC scooters. Works Perfect! :)

Misha
Misha's picture

Thanks for the reply. I ordered one from them.. got it yesterday. It is 7/8" diameter...not 1". I emailed them and they said they measured the "outside of the unit" not the diameter of the opening.. DUH. Said they were going to change their listing.

Still searching.

IBScootn

Misha,

Sorry that link didn't work out for you. If I was you, I would weld on the 22mm extension. Plenty of welding shops that will do that for little money.

But if you are determined to use a 1" throttle:

If you just busted the plastic housing, Loctite has a "plastic bonding system", available at big-box hardware stores, that works great on most plastics. If you busted the electronics, talk with a local college electronics professor and see if one of his students would repair it.

Motorcycles: 2011 ZEV Trail 7100, 84V, 60AH, 60+mph, Cycle Analyst, TNC throttle, modified charger. 2013 Kymco GT300i
Bicycles: 2017 Sondors Thin
Cars: 2016 Leaf SV, 30KWH pack. 2007 CR-V
Solar array: 5KW. Cost per lifetime KWH produced $0.073
Bi

Misha
Misha's picture

Yep... it was either cut off the offending end of the handlebar (sounds biblical, doesn't it)... or use the scooter as a towel rack. So, the handlebar is now shorter...and will be tig welded with a new 7/8" 22mm end. With any luck at all... and so far this hasn't been a very lucky bike....I'll be back on the road in a couple of days. That is assuming that the new throttle assembly works! Since I ride around 30-50 miles a day...six days a week... I'm ready for it to be fixed!!!

Thanks for your help.. I appreciate it so much!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage