Peter Hadfield's videos on Climate change

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
davew
davew's picture
Peter Hadfield's videos on Climate change

This is a series of videos about the climate change debate. The first minute or so gives you a good idea of his general approach and tone he uses throughout. Peter does an excellent job of explaining where people of various opinions go beyond currently accepted science and exactly how far current scientific knowledge has taken our understanding of the climate. It also explains in great detail a number of the commonly repeated fallacies (many have been posted in this forum over and over again), where they came from, and where they went astray. I thought I knew plenty about climate change and I learned quite a lot. I also picked up a bunch of future reading because Peter is a stickler for documenting his sources.

davew
davew's picture
Re: Peter Hadfield's videos on Climate change

So I've just finished watching the entire series and all I can say is wow. This is the sort of journalism that is rare inside journalism circles.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Mik
Mik's picture

Sounds very interesting. Unfortunately my internet connection is down and I'm on the backup wireless solution for now. Videos watching busts the budget under these circumstances, so I have not had a chance to watch it, yet.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

gasdive

Very good thanks for that.
=:)

Jason
Blogging my Zero DS from day one http://zerods.blogspot.com/

wookey

Yep - really good link, cheers.

I think he's doing a brilliant job of presenting the actual science of what is and isn't known without talking down to people, pointing out errors (or lies if you prefer) by propaganda from both sides, and referring a number of common memes that come up over and over again back to their references to point out what was really said or not.

And he does it in a sufficiently even-handed way that people on both 'sides' find him believable. Doing this in video is a really useful contribution to the debate, which has largely become highly polarised and somewhat divorced from reality.

Wookey
Sakura s50 (Efun A)

Mik
Mik's picture

These videos are very good indeed!

Is it possible somehow to get a version with better picture quality? I cannot read the shown sources for the entire time they are shown, just for a second before they change to the next picture.

Are they on sale on DVD somewhere - are the youtube versions teasers or illegal copies?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

davew
davew's picture

I'll check into it. My guess is Hadfield is not enough of a techhead to know how to get around the extreme compression that Youtube imposes on most videos.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage