VX-3 Vectrix alive again??

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
kingcharles
kingcharles's picture
VX-3 Vectrix alive again??

Came across this recent article on the web.

is it back?

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture
Re: VX-3 Vectrix alive again??

Oh and do not forget to read the text next to the gallery pictures

interesting...

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

R
R's picture

The Vectrix VX-3 is a three-wheel, fully electric vehicle that can reach a top speed of 68 mph and has a range of 35-55 miles with a 30 amp/hour LiFePO4 battery.
The VX-3 uses a series of articulating components to allow an officer rider to lean the vehicle into turns while maintaining stability on a roadway. Vectrix claims "nearly silent operation."

I can't understand why they keep on focusing on this 3W bike. They should center their efforts on improving the existing one.
They should test batteries with (at least) 60 Ah at 140v, and top speed of 130 km/h.

Vectrix-lead-1.jpg

Mik
Mik's picture

I can't understand why they keep on focusing on this 3W bike. ...

Maybe because it's just so much easier than getting a center stand... just kidding! ;-)

It seems like I finally have one in the mail...

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

R
R's picture

It seems like I finally have one in the mail...

Congrats... a vectrix sitting perfectly vertical on a center stand... in Australia?. This is odd... hehe, enjoy!

AndY1
AndY1's picture

The Vectrix VX-3 is a three-wheel, fully electric vehicle that can reach a top speed of 68 mph and has a range of 35-55 miles with a 30 amp/hour LiFePO4 battery.
The VX-3 uses a series of articulating components to allow an officer rider to lean the vehicle into turns while maintaining stability on a roadway. Vectrix claims "nearly silent operation."

I can't understand why they keep on focusing on this 3W bike. They should center their efforts on improving the existing one.
They should test batteries with (at least) 60 Ah at 140v, and top speed of 130 km/h.

Vectrix-lead-1.jpg

Maybe because, at least in my country, you don't need a motorcycle drivers license to drive the three wheeler, but only a car drivers license.

marylandbob

YES, the VX3 is stll around, because I saw them in production when I visited the Vectrix factory in Aug. of 2010. (I also saw, and touched, the LITHUM battery pack!)---Bob C.

Robert M. Curry

leanm
leanm's picture

Well, one reason for pursuing the development of the 3 wheeler is, I guess, the sales record of the Piaggio 3 wheel scooter (MP3, MP3 LT400 and now the MP3 LT300) in Europe. Piaggio are selling shed loads of these machines in Europe exactly for the reason mentioned above - that they can be driven on a car licence.
After all, aren't we really targetting car drivers and trying to get them on to 'bikes?
So many car drivers have an irrational fear of two wheels but three wheels seems to be not TOO big a step!

I for one would welcome the proper announcement of a Lithium two wheel AND three wheel Vectrix!

LeanMachines

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture
R
R's picture

“The focus in the market is to have a product that has more than a 100 mile range, so it’s a true commuter vehicle,” Buccella said. “We’ve achieved that with the development of the lithium batteries within the Vectrix product lines.”

The focus is a vectrix with 150 km range at 90 km/h? or 150 at 40 km/h?? I hope they definitely abandon the "110 km range at 40 km/h".

Buzby
Buzby's picture

I think the only mystery was why (reorganisation apart) it took them so long. As the owner of a VX1 and Piaggio MP3, I can assure you there are not 'shed loads' of car drivers adopting the MP3 variant. Especially since it costs almost £1,000 more simply to have a floor pedal and the front wheel space
widened slightly - a UK requirement before a car licence holder can ride it.

The cramped riding style (on the MP3 at least) limits me to around 100m before it genuinely becomes uncomfortable to ride, do I hope this is simply the realisation of assets before concentrating on the VX1+ (or whatever).

- Raymond

leanm
leanm's picture

Well, if you don't call 15,000 sales of the MP3 LT 400 in the first nine months since its release 'shed loads' then I don't know what is!?

In France alone they sold 2,457 units in the months February to April 2010 and the customer profile showed that the majority of these sales were to 'car' drivers rather than 'motorcycle'riders.

And I did say'in Europe....'

LeanMachines

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture

I just came across this video review, it is French but has some good shots of the bike in action.
Are there any VX-3 owners out there already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDSX-_5lMl8

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

Aircon

I just came across this video review, it is French but has some good shots of the bike in action.
Are there any VX-3 owners out there already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDSX-_5lMl8

I love it, and I want one. (although I wouldn't be happy losing the range I have now)

I suspect we'll never see them in Australia.

Domi422
Domi422's picture

I don't know if they have sold one VX-3 in France. There's one of them for trial in Toulouse (south of France).
They are expensive and with the economic crisis we are facing, I think the market is rather scarce for such a scooter.
All the more, the after-sale service is so disastrous in France that I think that Vectrix has loosed all its credibility. 3 importers in 4 years, lots of machines out of order with no service available. Ads will have to be very good to help selling VX-3

Le site des utilisateurs français (The French user's website) http://www.vectrix.fr/

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage