Having issues with controller and brushless bike motor

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
larrydam
Having issues with controller and brushless bike motor

i charged my battery. then a week goes by and i go to use the bike. the wheel turns about 1 inch and stops. everything worked fine before, but now it doesn't turn the wheel much. i've replaced the controller and bought a new motor and it still has problems. battery - Ping, motor 48v 500w brushless, controller?chinese.

derek
Re: Having issues with controller and brushless bike motor

I'm not sure I'm hoping you can help me, or anyone else out there. I purchased the 1000w yxm motor from china with the 48v lipo battery, the motor has blue and a brown wire, and the battery has a brown and a red wire, I don't know which ones to connect, and don't want to connect the wrong ones

larrydam

i solved this by replacing the fuse holder. automotive fuse holders are not robust enough. went to radioshack and got a 100 amp rated gold plated fuse holder.

Larrydam

jateureka2

Derek, Have you tried contacting the supplier for the wiring diagram?

The controller battery connection generally has red + and black - and they will be thick wires.

If your motor only has two wires then it is likely a brushed motor in which case you can simply connect to the controller and test it - connect one way it will run forward, swap the connection and it will run reverse. Generally the wires are blue/green + and yellow/white -.

Brushless motors generally have three wires for the three phases, blue, green, yellow. BUT Some brushless motors have the controller mounted in the motor case and then only have 2 wires for connection to the battery.

E-BIKES: [1]Ezee Sprint [2]Aprilia Enjoy Racing [3]eLation V2 e-bike kit on Trek 4100 [4]Bafang BBS01 kit on Fluid Momentum [5] FreeGo Hawk
E-SCOOTER: 2012 ZEV 7100 LR, 84V 60Ah nominal battery with 28 series GBS LFP cells
E-MOTORCYCLE: 2011 Zero S,

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage