Vectrix Cruise Control?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
gln103
Vectrix Cruise Control?

Group,

I recently obtained a spreadsheet from Vectrix that lists a few functions available on the Vextrix VH-1. One of them is "Cruise Control". According to the document, to engage cruise control you have to "Reach desired speed, tap (chirp) horn, spin throttle to full and release". I've tried this several times without any success on my ~2008 VH-1.

Has anyone else tried this technique or had success engaging cruise control? Could this be a feature only on newer models?

Thanks,

Gary

ElectricLou
ElectricLou's picture
Re: Vectrix Cruise Control?

I cannot tell you were I got this information. There is a firmware update that will allow this to work with our Vectrix. I cannot wait until someone can get there hands on it and pass it on.

antiscab

why oh why must everything involve using the horn......

cruise control would definately be useful, I'll see if I can get it to work on my bike, since I have latest firmware.

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

R
R's picture

I've tried several times (with the aid of the center stand), and I couldn't trigger this function. I suspect the 110km/h firmware does not have this new features.

gln103

R,

Spreadsheet says the Kickstand has to be up or it won't work (and the key has to be on and the red ignition switch has to be on).

Mik
Mik's picture

The VX1 does not have a sensor for the main stand. On the center stand it behaves just as if it was travelling on the road.

The side stand is of course a different matter.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Aircon

why oh why must everything involve using the horn......

cruise control would definately be useful, I'll see if I can get it to work on my bike, since I have latest firmware.

Matt

Anyone in Melbourne who can install this latest software on my scoot? Charles won't do it, and he doesn't have a cable anyway.

antiscab

I couldn't get it to work on my bike, so that would definately mean theres a new revision out there.

I thought Charles was a dealer? How did he not have a can cable? :S

I know of someone in Melbourne who may have a CAN cable in the future, when he gets one I will pu thi in contact with you.

cheers,
Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Aircon

I couldn't get it to work on my bike, so that would definately mean theres a new revision out there.

I thought Charles was a dealer? How did he not have a can cable? :S

I know of someone in Melbourne who may have a CAN cable in the future, when he gets one I will pu thi in contact with you.

cheers,
Matt

Yes he was the aussie dealer but, according to his tech who came to check out my scoot last year, Charles lent the couple of cables he had to other and they hadn't returned them. that was a couple of months ago...maybe now he has them back...regardless, he said he wouldn't do the updates because he couldn't verify they were genuine as he belived V stopped development so long ago and knew of nothing after 2008

X Vectrix

Cruise control is one of the all time best "unreleased" features of the VX1. None of the SW that was released has this feature enabled. Cruise was set by reaching the desired speed, tapping the horn button, (which actually would set the max speed if you didnt perform the next step), then applying full throttle (which would not make the bike accelerate because of the previous step). Cruise was disabled by either brake or regen.
Why the horn button, Antiscab? Of all the available buttons , it is probably the least used during driving, and so, the least likely to unintentionally set cruise. Also, if you really need the horn while driving you are probably gonna be using the brakes or regen also which would cancel cruise.
Why wasnt it released? Because it doesnt have its own activation button.

gln103

X,

Is there an easy way (ie: without reprogramming) to enable this cruise control feature?

Thanks,

Gary

X Vectrix

Sorry, there isnt anyway to enable it. It is enabled when the code is compiled only.

ElectricLou
ElectricLou's picture

Has anyone been able to get this firmware yet? If someone has it available can you please PM me?

Thanks,
Louie

israndy
israndy's picture

If the cruise control would work anything like the governor I am not a fan. When it hits 62 mph (have not heard from Dana about updates) it lurches slower, quite noticeable and not useful in my opinion, I end up spending all my time focused on my speed so I don't have to feel it lurch. Setting a speed for the bike to go would likely always be 62 (or 68 when I get the update) and I can do that already by pulling the throttle full on. Gotta hold onto the handlebars anyway. But I hate the feel so I am not a fan.

-Randy

Cell Propelled
Cell Propelled's picture

DITTO Randy,
I hate it when I come up on an on-ramp to the Highway, pour on the steam,.....then get that notorious LURCH-RESTRICTION.It's my bike, let me worry about top-end damage,...well, I always need the help controlling myself when out driving the "MOOTER". When I talk about the problems, go out and stand there pointing out its flaws, getting on it and just at the point of taking off..........this FREE FLOWING, BUCKET-O-FUN, "NAY-NAY I HAVE ONE AND YOU DON'T" feeling rushes over me, WAIT, WHAT!, I see no problem here, I love this machine. Blue skies, amped up, NUTTN' BETTER!

Stu

A 12yr.Daughter Quote: motorcycle/scooter, "Mooter"!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage