Boost up the power of a Gio E-bike

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bushbasher
Boost up the power of a Gio E-bike

Hello. Just bought a GIO e-bike and found it to be really lacking in power for climbing the hills around my house. ( I live on top of a hill) Does anyone have an idea as to how to boost up the power for hills ? I have looked at other sites for the XB 600 but this controller looks a lot different. I do see what looks like the "shunt" wire but there is no way to put another one in beside it. Lots of clearance on the under side.

colin9876
Re: Boost up the power of a Gio E-bike

Hiya, I bought one of those last week (altho mines called an eFun bike, looks just the same).
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYmzLIGfKJI
I like it, but as you say does need peddling up steep hills.

Is your bike 36v (3x SLA's) like mine?
What you can do is change the battery pack to 12 x 3.3v Lifepo4 Headway cells (10amphr ones will do)
It gives you a little bit more power and speed, less weight, and less voltage sag up those hills.

I may try and push it upto 14 cells, got 2 more on order from ebay so will let you know if that works without blowing the system!
Its not cheap tho as the cells are about $20 each, so may cost you nearly as much as the bike to make it Lifepo4!

Bushbasher
Re: Boost up the power of a Gio E-bike

This thing is new---48 volt, good for cruising as is but !!!! Not up my hill to get home ! I have heard that there is a shunt you can add. Would like to know how to give it more power. ( I do have a spare controller to play with ) Please let me know if more batteries adds the power-I have read many posts that say that adding more batteries only offers a lil more grunt for hills. New to me but having a 6 liter engine in my truck-----I need something cheaper to boot around town !! :)

P.s.---I do not want to peddle this thing !!!!!

samrosred
help no power

hi guys having problems with my gio-e bike scooter just had this as faulty. i dont know make and model i know its 36v but its got no go at all will this be the batteries or controller any help please
ps wot is the correct name for these things

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage