Rad2go Gelato electric scooter

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Louis Moreno67
Rad2go Gelato electric scooter

I have a Rad2go Gelato electric scooter,and,the headlight,taillight,turn signals and horn do not work.I have checked the electrical system for loose or bad wires,and,I did not find any.Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can check?I will really appreciate your help.
Thank you.

nyy0604
Re: Rad2go Gelato electric scooter

Light system on ebike is a seprate electronic system. The positive power seprate after key. One way goes in controller to run motor,another goes in the light system. Some times there is a conveter or a little box some where in the bike control all the light and horn the light system. It may broken or didn't connect well. I have seen it located beside the controller or under the seat...

Louis Moreno67

Thank you very much for your help.I will check that tomorrow.
God bless you!

Louis Moreno67

My electric scooter runs good,but,the headlights,taillight/brake light,turn signals and horn do not work.I received information from a person here to check a converter for the lighting,and,that was very helpful.Upon checking it,I noticed it had a fuse,and,it was faulty.I bought fuses,and,it burned the new one.Does anyone have any advise as to what might be wrong,the converter box or maybe a wire problem somewhere?I will really appreciate any advise.Thank you.

IBScootn

Sounds like you have a short which is blowing the fuse. Question is whether in the box, wiring, or one of the end devices. If there is a connector coming out of the box disconnect it so there is no load, then put a fuse in. If the fuse blows, problem is in the box and needs replacing. If it works or no connector to remove, visually check all wiring for bare wires that could be shorting the pos signal with the neg signal (ohm meter would verify if there are shorts). If box and wiring ok, then check end devices: lights, horn, etc for shorts.

Good luck

Motorcycles: 2011 ZEV Trail 7100, 84V, 60AH, 60+mph, Cycle Analyst, TNC throttle, modified charger. 2013 Kymco GT300i
Bicycles: 2017 Sondors Thin
Cars: 2016 Leaf SV, 30KWH pack. 2007 CR-V
Solar array: 5KW. Cost per lifetime KWH produced $0.073
Bi

nyy0604

I think I know what happen to your bike. I think your tail light bulb need to be change. Your tail light bulb must be 2 filament 2 contacts. It is brake light and back light on one light bulb. Sometimes when brake light filament burn out, it touch tail light filament. Brake light bulb has negative power. So it goes in posive of tail light cause short. Check it. This happen very often.

erickrs9

Where did you find the fuses on your rad2go Gelato? I seem to be having a problem where the headlight and the horn won't work but the rest of the system does. Please let me know it would be extremely helpfull! Thanks!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage