Second Hand Vectrix with 300 Miles on the clock.

1 post / 0 new
Big John
Second Hand Vectrix with 300 Miles on the clock.

Hi Every One

I have just joined the V is for Voltage forum.

I have been thinking about getting a bike for work for a while as fuel prices in the UK are getting really silly, and I did not want to get a second car as the car I have cost me between £35 & £50 a week in fuel, depending on my shifts

I was looking at petrol 125cc bikes that do give good MPG but with the Road Tax, Insurance, Fuel, Oil & Filters, and other parts that can go wrong like when the exhaust need replacing it was starting to add up.

I was just surfing one evening and I put in Google Electric Bikes and I found the Vectrix.

I was luck enough to have a dealer only 15 miles away from me so I phoned them to go and have a look at the bike.

I must say I was very very impressed, it was a nice big bike and being 6ft 4inc I needed something that I would not look stupid on.

I was not in a position to purchase a new bike but I was told that the have a second hand bike in blue that an old gentleman had purchased but came off it and never went on it again it has only got 300 miles on the clock and they want £3,500 half price.

2245223816_a26c1d1c06_b.jpg

The bike is a 2008 on an 08 plate, the dealers are going to replace the two panels that had the scratches on which are not the bad to be honest, they are going to MOT it and give it a full service with all the latest updates, the bike will now go 70 MPH, I will also be getting 6 months warranty, they are also changing one of the censers something to do with the fans for the batteries, they were not happy with it so they are changing it.

The only thing my wife and I are worried about are the batteries, if the bike is an 2008 with 300 miles on the clock in must have been standing for a fare while, I was told the old gentleman used to take it up and down his drive to keep the bike moving but never took it out on the road after he came of it.

Vectrix say the batteries last 50,000 miles or ten years but they don't back this up with a warranty which worries me, I have been told that a new set of batteries cost around £2,000 if this is the case and the batteries did go wrong, the bike would just sit there as I would not be able to afford the new batteries.

I did mail Vectrix in the US to get some answers or reassurance but I have got nothing back which is not good customer service.

I do like the bike I want to get it but I am worried.

What are your thoughts and advice please.

Cheers

Big John

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage