Gene Banman, Zero Motorcycles’ Long-time CEO Retires

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture

Interesting context for this to occur in - they recently got $26 million additional investment - recently Neal Saiki left the company to pursue other projects (human powered flight) - The company is in a major global expansion phase ...

ZERO MOTORCYCLES ANNOUNCES THE ZERO XU AS SURPRISE FIFTH ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLE MODEL FOR 2011

Neal Saiki, Zero Motorcycles founder, leaves the company to enter the Sikorsky Competition for human powered flight

Zero Motorcycles, Inc. Gets $26 Million Investment

- David

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Zero Motorcycles’ Long-time CEO Retires

-- Gene Banman, who has seen the company through the early phases of company’s development, to remain on the Board --

SANTA CRUZ, CA(April 5, 2011) – Zero Motorcycles, the global leader in the electric motorcycle industry,today announced that its long-time CEO, Gene Banman, is retiring from the operational management of the company. Banman joined the company as COO in 2007 as employee number nine. Within 60 days he became CEO and led the effort to find professional investors to get the company off the ground. He has since raised tens of millions in funding, built a strong executive team and positioned Zero as worldwide leader in the electric motorcycle industry. Banman will stay on the board of directors and day-to-day operations will be directed by COO, Karl Wharton, who joined the company in February.

“It’s been a tremendous experience, getting Zero Motorcycles to this point,” said Banman. “I feel proud of the enormous progress we have made and of the excellent management team we have put in place that will take the company to the next level. I plan to get some R&R and travel, and then do some part time work with non-profits. I look forward to continuing to work with the company as a board member.”

”My colleagues and I knew Gene well before Invus became an investor in Zero Motorcycles,” said Aflalo Guimaraes, Managing Director of The Invus Group, LLC and Zero board member. “Gene, together with Neal Saiki, were instrumental in convincing us to back the company at the time when it was just a startup with a vision to transform the motorcycle industry. Gene's leadership and the team he brought together have established Zero as the leading manufacturer and brand of electric motorcycles and put it on course to realize the vision of making electric motorcycles a mainstream segment of the industry by both appealing to experienced riders and bringing new customers into the camaraderie of riders. We are thankful for everything Gene has done for Zero to date and are glad that our association with Gene continues with his ongoing active participation on the board of the company.”

About Zero Motorcycles:

Zero Motorcycles is the next step in motorcycle evolution and represents the ultimate electric motorcycle technology. Unencumbered by conventional thinking about how they design, manufacture, and sell high performance electric motorcycles, they are on a mission to turn heads and revolutionize their industry by combining the best aspects of a traditional motorcycle with today’s most advanced technology.

FOR MEDIA: For more information, contact (951) 719-1040, media [at] zeromotorcycles.com

For press information, videos and photos go to http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/press

For more information on Zero Motorcycles or to learn more about its complete motorcycle line including the Zero S, Zero DS, Zero XU, Zero MX and Zero X motorcycles, visit: http://www.zeromotorcycles.com

###

gregaria
Re: Gene Banman, Zero Motorcycles’ Long-time CEO Retires

Engrossing blog post - thanks. Highly absorbing and excellently written post. I wish to read more such soon.
cordless drill reviews

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage