No Ready or Go...Help!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
rmarks
rmarks's picture
No Ready or Go...Help!

I was disappointed this morning when my Vectrix wouldn't go. I guess this means the honeymoon is over. I rode it to work yesterday like normal and charged it overnight and everything seemed fine. I went to leave this morning and it wouldn't run.

When I turn the key it seems to cycle through everything like normal. The headlights come on but when I squeeze the left brake, the needle on the speedometer jumps to somewhere around the 40K mark and no "Ready" comes up. After squeezing the right brake you get nothing....ughh.

I hope this is an easy fix. I tried to go through past posts but there are 35+ pages. I know someone has the answer.

Aircon
Re: No Ready or Go...Help!

Is your kill switch in the right position?

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Aircon is right. Turn the kill switch on :-)

Having the kill switch to off and pulling the left brake will show you:
1. battery temperature (LCD)
2. battery voltage (LCD)
3. Throttle calibraton (spedometer)

Edit: When you have your kill switch to off position, there's also no 'Ready' sign on the LCD.

rmarks
rmarks's picture

Duh! Boy do I feel stupid! I must have hit it when I got on the bike. I guess I never checked the kill switch because I assumed it wouldn't even come on if the kill switch was flipped.

But it works beautifully now and my high beam light is off after being stuck on.

Thanks fellows!

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture

Happy honeymooning!

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture

Hope someone can offer some advise on this.

Parked up the VX-1 on the newly installed centre stand this morning and accidentally knocked the right side of the handle bar end against the wall (twice) - I've now got the hang of it thankfully.

I switched it on and then off again to set the pre-charge cooling delay before charging. It was then I noticed no 'Ready' or 'Go' symbols on the display. I tried pulling both brake levers a number of times, with no success.

Thinking I may have knocked the throttle calibration setting out, I checked using the kill switch/left brake lever method and instead of showing 43, it went to 85! Following the instructions on here to adjust it back to 43 it didn't solve the problem.

It boots up normally, charges normally, the side and dipped beam tell-tale lamps light up as do the actual lamps themselves. The brake levers operate the brake lights but do not seem to response to allow any forward or reverse motion.

Edit: No luck with a few suggestions, so the bike is stored and I'll have to investigate further.

Mik
Mik's picture

Is the side stand in the "up" position?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture

It was indeed and the bike recognised that as the amber light above the speedo went out.

I've had a chat with Emissions Free Solutions and hopefully it'll fixed by middle of next week.

I'll post up when I know more; could be some useful information if other owners experience similar problems.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage