XB 700Li Battery or Charger Problems not really sure!!! NEED HELP PLEASE!!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
rion3
XB 700Li Battery or Charger Problems not really sure!!! NEED HELP PLEASE!!

I have an XB 700li bicycle and have had it stored outside my others house with the battery in it for the past several months. I finally came to my mothers a day ago to find that my XB will not turn on. The problem Im having is that when I plug the battery into the charger the charger reads that it is charged with a green light, but when I plug the battery into the XB the XB is getting no power at all. When I plug the battery into the XB it is making a slight connection noise if that means anything at all. If anyone has any ideas and suggestions I would apreciate it and thank you.

strawhistle
Re: XB 700Li Battery or Charger Problems not really sure!!! ...

Yes, Sitting outside for (several months)in the damp air , You probably ran the battery down to nothing ,get a meter and test the pack voltage! if the pack is down to nothing then the charger will not see the battery and the cells are damaged try to build a small battery pack the voltage of the pack and temporary to the charger then connect to the bike and remove the small pack an see if the charger will do any thing at all? ? ? LaTeR

thank GOD I wake up above ground !!!!

rion3

Alright I bought an electric meter and put it on the setting acv and got 36v from the reader. What does that mean? Also I stuck the ends into the end of the charger wires and there was no reading at all.

jthmi

Your li-on pack may just have gone to sleep. Try leaving on the charger for a couple hours (even though it indicates it's charged by the green disply.) The BMS probably protected your unmaintained pack by going into a protective mode. With some other packs, such as Ultramotors A2B, a half day or so on the charger "wakes it up" and goes right back to charging. I have no idea as to how intelligent the Exteme's system is, but it costs nothing to try.

JTH/Amp Brothers Electric Cycles/MI

jthmi

Meter setting should be to the lowest DCV setting above the pack rating. Not acv. How many pins on the charger? Carefully try all combos.

JTH/Amp Brothers Electric Cycles/MI

rion3

At the end of the charger wires there are three prongs and it's the same for the end of the battery wires. I will try and charge it for the day and see what happens. I'm wondering also if the meter prongs are long enouph to get a reading when I stick them into the charger. So actually the charger has three holes and the battery has three prongs. The DCV reding is at 16.7v.

mf70

You will get the most information if you can tap into the wires while they are connected to the charger. You may be able to slip the probes into the connector from the back. The voltage should be above the resting voltage of the pack. As the pack nears full charge, the voltage will taper off slightly.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage