Emergency flashers

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
israndy
israndy's picture
Emergency flashers

I was stranded by the bike again, this time on 3 feet of shoulder with cars whipping by. It occurred to me that we still don't have emergency flashers and that people have mentioned in the past reasons for features missing as not having a button to attach features to. Would it not be smart to move the emergency flasher feature to the kill switch?

At first I thought, who would want the flashers to come on when you hit the kill switch, but then I thought of all the times I had trouble getting the GO to come back after checking temps in traffic, and how nice it would be if the guy behind me knew that I was not going anywhere until I got the bike started again.

Also, all those people who have posted here, why is my bike dead and the response is, did you check the kill switch? If the flashers were going it would be more obvious that the switch was tripped, since we don't hear the engine die like an ICE would do.

So now I am thinking it's actually something people at Vectrix (are there people at Vectrix?) should be working on for the next revision (70 MPH?) of the software. What am I forgetting to consider about why you would never want the flashers to respond that way?

-Randy

Caruso
Caruso's picture
Re: Emergency flashers

I don't think I've ever seen a motorbike with hazard flashers, but as you say I can't think of a good reason why they shouldn't have them?

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture

I would like to be able to switch them on while driving also. It would make lane splitting a bit safer...

But even better would be if Vectrix introduced ABS.
I mean for a 13.000 Euro bike (Li+) you would expect it to have such features.

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

Mik
Mik's picture

You would want to turn the flashers on but still have the kill switch in the ON position.

The most frequent reason for using the flashers is lack of power with an empty battery, or approaching a dangerous situation, wanting to alert drivers behind yourself. For all these the kill switch must stay on.

Instead of waiting for Vectrix, just build your own. Detailed instructions here: http://visforvoltage.org/forum/5821-vectux-now-has-hazard-lights

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

awilensky
awilensky's picture

The Current Motors CX series has 4 ways, the Aprilia 500's had em, the Burgman 650 had them.......more?

marylandbob

Emergency flashers-My HONDA Goldwing, which was new way back in 1993, came with emergency flashers, AND automatic cancelling turn signals! Emergency flashers for the Vectrix should be configured to operate when in motion OR stopped. They should be available for when speed id reduced due to battery problems, and they ideally should be powered by an additional, 12-14 volt battery, so even if the main fuse fails, or the main battery is dead, the lights will work, for an hour or so. (a DC-DC converter could charge a 4 cell, 10-20AH lithium Iron-Phosphate battery from the main 125 volt supply)--I have an auxillary battery on my Vectrix, to operate my stereo, police siren/strobes, and ham radio.-(It is a POLICE model, I work with homeland security)

Robert M. Curry

israndy
israndy's picture

So it sounds like everyone agrees with me that if you don't expect to buy a new bike that also has ABS or has a separate switch to control them while running the bike or has been outfitted by homeland security, that having the kill switch drive emergency flashers via a software update WOULD be a good idea. If only I could get on that software development team.

-Randy

Mik
Mik's picture

So it sounds like everyone agrees with me that if you don't expect to buy a new bike that also has ABS or has a separate switch to control them while running the bike or has been outfitted by homeland security, that having the kill switch drive emergency flashers via a software update WOULD be a good idea. If only I could get on that software development team.

-Randy

I do think that would be a bad idea, as I outlined above.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage