Battery tender jr

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
1gr8bldr
Battery tender jr

I purchased a Battery tender jr to charge SLA 8amp hr batteries. A blinking green light means, already above 80% charge. So after installing 7 of my new batteries, all showed just enough power to run maybe one day. I expect them to run 2 weeks like my others have done for years. Have I purchased "bad" batteries or is it the new Tender Jr, not charging
to 100%? I put all my batteries on the "tender jr" until the green light came on and then switched to another. The new batteries all said 80% full [green light blinking]

1gr8bldr
Re: Battery tender jr

I purchased a Battery tender jr to charge SLA 8amp hr batteries. A blinking green light means, already above 80% charge. So after installing 7 of my new batteries, all showed just enough power to run maybe one day. I expect them to run 2 weeks like my others have done for years. Have I purchased "bad" batteries or is it the new Tender Jr, not charging
to 100%? I put all my batteries on the "tender jr" until the green light came on and then switched to another. The new batteries all said 80% full [green light blinking]

I have now realized that "green blinking" 80% full does not mean that it will not continue to charge. It does go on to charge 100%

fivari
fivari's picture
Re: Battery tender jr

I expect them to run 2 weeks like my others have done for years.

The best way to keep your SLA batteries healty is to charge them as often as possible. I would charge them every evening.

Two e-scooters 1500W 48V 30 Ah LiFePO4

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage