Vectric won't switch off...!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Buzby
Buzby's picture
Vectric won't switch off...!

A new issue I've discovered, was after a ride and a squeeze of the brake to delay the recharge. I plugged in an went away. Returning, expecting to find a fully charged VX1, I found the bike not charging, all the dial instruments lit up blue. Thinking I needed to remove and reapply 240v, I did this, and found no change. The Speedo sits at 0, and all are illuminated, irrespective of whether the mains plug is energised or not. It now shows total discharge on the battery icon.

Normally, I'd look for a reset switch to recycle the electronics, but from emory, there isn't one.

Anyone had this - and is there a way to re-set and permit the recharging to recommence?

Thanks!

pyjohnson
Re: Vectric won't switch off...!

It sounds like the charger has locked up, it's happened to me before

There are 2 connectors at the bottom of the charger above the front wheel. If you unplug them and plug them back in it should bring it back to life. It's quite cramped in there.

Regards,
Peter

-----------------------------------------------------------
Central Scotland

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Aha! Do you mean access is achieved externally, and are any tools required (as I'd need to take them with me). I'm assuming disconnecting the link resets the BMS ? Tks for the pointers!

- Raymond

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Aha! Do you mean access is achieved externally, and are any tools required (as I'd need to take them with me). I'm assuming disconnecting the link resets the BMS ? Tks for the pointers!

- Raymond

pyjohnson

No tools required but take a medium size flat bladed screw driver as the metal clip that locks the connector in place can be a bit stiff

Regards,
Peter

Central Scotland

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Sorry to be so dim Peter, but do you mean behind the front wheel arch? I've hunted with a torch and can only find the (blanked off) holes that lead into the battery compartment. Do you mean I need to go in under the seat to find the links... as I've never done this before, I'd really appreciate some pointers to getting access to this area before I go nuts!

Regards,

R

- Raymond

pyjohnson

You need to look up a bit further, there is a picture of them on this forum somewhere I'll go and see if I can find it.

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/10614-vectrix-sale-houston-tx#comment-58049

Regards,
Peter

Central Scotland

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Found it. Removing the connectors after 15 seconds cased the display to go blank. They stayed blank after after they were re-mated.... and the recharging process restarted without a hitch.

Many thanks!

- Raymond

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage