Difference in voltage

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture
Difference in voltage

The other day I noticed my fuel gauge was out of sync as I had charged my Vectrix a few days before but not ridden anywhere.

On my journey to work I rode until I had 1 bar - the red light normally comes on with 1-2 bars since the latest software was loaded, but that day it had 4 or 5 bars remaining. By the end of the journey the acceleration was just about acceptable on a flat road for the flow of traffic and I had a slight short incline where it maxed out at 30mph. Luckily I was at the end of my destination anyway, but I wouldn't have wanted to push it further until it would only crawl along.

Before switching off, I checked the battery voltage by activating the kill switch and it read 120V. However, when I plugged my Vectrix in and watched it boot up I noticed it read 124V. I gather this would be the voltage it starts off at when the charging process begins after the pre-charge cooling delay? My end voltage is normally between 147V-149V.

I was just wondering why there is a difference in voltage when I checked it?

antiscab
Re: Difference in voltage

Before switching off, I checked the battery voltage by activating the kill switch and it read 120V.

Red battery light when open circuit voltage is 120V suggests some cells got reversed.

Not the end of the world, just be aware your last 5 bars don't exist any more.

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture
Re: Difference in voltage

Well, I'm happy to report that upon the next full charge, I rode down to 3 bars and the red light did not appear. Just put on charge tonight and it reads 130V when booting up.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage