BionX throttle won't work but assist levels do

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Debnjon
BionX throttle won't work but assist levels do

I have a Rans Stratus XP with a BionX that is less than a year old. After transporting the bike on the car rack , I could not get throttle to work. All four levels of assist do work though. I have reattached each of the wires to the console and jiggled them, but to no avail. Is there anything you can suggest to a newbie or do I really need to take it into the shop?
Deb

Aconite
Re: BionX throttle won't work but assist levels do

Press Mode and G together. This will start a 9 second countdown. Move the throttle up and down a few times and then hold it on during that countdown until it is done. Don't worry if the display looks reversed while moving the throttle up and down.

Test.

If the throttle is backwards (i.e. off when you push it, but on when you are not touching it) then:

Go into menu 2007 and reverse throttle polarity.

Throttle will not work until you are travelling 3 km/h or faster (unless that feature was changed with menu 3776), so hang onto bike while testing.

Also go into menu 3775 and make sure throttle max speed is set to 0.

If recalibrating the throttle does not work, perhaps trying a battery reset. I forget how to do it, but search for Bionx battery reset for instructions. Those are about the only two things I can think of to try.

Debnjon

I did the first reset of the throttle and it now works as it should. Thank you very much, you have saved a trip to the shop!
Deb

tonylumps

I know this thread is a couple of months old. But having problems with throttle on the newer system The G2 consol is not the same. Everything works but the throttle only. Anyone have any info on the newer Canbus system. Thanks in Advance Tony

Debnjon

My throttle failed a few more times, resets no longer worked, so I took it into dealer. He upgraded the software in the console and I have not had the issue since.

tonylumps

Throttle problem solved Bringing it back to dealer was not an option. BionX Tech. support took care of the problem. They walked me through some code changes through Email. It turned out when I bought a New console on line I had to change the throttle speed on the console It was set at 0 and I put it back up to 32KmH Now it works perfect. Bionx Tech came through on this one.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage