Where do I find a 36v 40w controller???

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
B J
Where do I find a 36v 40w controller???

I need a controller for my conversion kit trike. The motor came from Wilderness, but I can't find them anymore. The controller does not have a manufacturer printed on it it has, two sets of wires to the motor, green, blue, and yellow on 1 set, black, blue, green, red, and yellow in the 2nd set. Then there is a black wire and a red wire for the charger. Then Black, White, Purple, and Red to the thumb throttle and the battery charge indicator. then there is two wires for brakes that I have never used. I am not worried about the fittings, just that the wires are able to be matched to my motor.

Can someone help me find one??? Either find the same controller (preferrable) or one that can work with a little fudging

JLGRAU
Re: Where do I find a 36v 40w controller???

Seems like you have a brushless and sensorless controller. The 3 large phase wires go to motor. the skinny wires are for throttle.No hall sensors?
I have an Aotema which is very close to Wilderness.
Maybe LYEN can help you. He sells and services controllers. Send out the thumb throttle and explain the phase wiring. I use one of his controllers and it works for various voltages.

colin9876
RE 36v 400w controller???

@JLGRAU - why do u say sensorless and no Hall Sensors?
The OP describes two sets of wires ( of 3 and 5) going to the motor. Surely the 5 are Hall sensors.
Still its easier to use a sensorless controller if u can get one!

JLGRAU
Re: RE 36v 400w controller???

true. I have a sensorless. I guess the controller has a sensorboard. That's what you should probably get. Just tie down the skinny hall wires to the forks. I mentioned halls because I wasn't sure what your kit has.
The next problem is making sure phase wiring is correct. 1 of 3 things usually happen, motor goes forward, motor goes backwards or controller gets shorted.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage