Ready Set Go!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sparkey
Ready Set Go!

Well, I'm just about there. Done some research, got some pricing comps. so I can come in with a reasonable offer, and my round trip commuter range of 24.8 miles, I feel will be within a comfortable charge range for the bike. I do however have two more final questions. 1. What is the procedure to check if the firmware is current on the bike. 2. Is it possible to conclude if the batteries were conditioned properly and are in tip top shape with no dead cells. The bike is a 09 vx-1 demo with double digit mileage.

R
R's picture
Re: Ready Set Go!

1. What is the procedure to check if the firmware is current on the bike.

It is a 09 bike. The Firmware is correct. However you may want to update it if you want 68MPH.
2. Is it possible to conclude if the batteries were conditioned properly and are in tip top shape with no dead cells. The bike is a 09 vx-1 demo with double digit mileage.

If the cells are ok, range will be normal, and the temperature inside the battery after a deep discharge will be ok. If I were you, I would perform a pair of deep discharges-cooldown-recharges. The third discharge perform it slowly and check the temperature every 10 miles. Keep in mind that NIMH has great internal resistance, hi accelerations and hi speed will warm up the battery. If you ride it slowly and see a sharp rise in the temperature, some cells may be death, or at least have reduced capacity.

israndy
israndy's picture

Do we have an idea or a previously written thread about what temps are horrible? I know before my battery went I was getting 60°C after 11 miles that always resulted in a BattHot message, but where is High but normal? With my new pack and daily checks on the temp I never see more than 31 degrees centigrade. It is San Francisco summer, so not very hot days, maybe 21℃. I am charging the bike right now in the sun and it's sitting at 24℃.

Wow! I figured out how to add the degree character and not type it out. If it shows up wrong on your screen it's cause I am on a Mac. Used the Character Viewer. I am sure there is a way to easily type degrees centigrade, but I only now know this way. I tried some other fancy characters, but it ended up eating the rest of this message which this is now a recreation of... But my degree mark worked!

-Randy

R
R's picture

If you have a good battery you may be able to keep it under 30C (slow speed!). However, If you're forced to drive in a 36C day, I'll finally get 38-40C inside the battery.
I usually get under 30c during summer. When I started to feel that my previous battery was damaged, I first got 40s, then 50s.. And finally 60s! By that time the battery was almost terminated.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage