LiFePo4 Battery Rebuilder/ Repair Companies??

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
snowryder
snowryder's picture
LiFePo4 Battery Rebuilder/ Repair Companies??

Hello, Are there any companies or individuals that can repair/rebuild a 48V+ 20 - 40ah 18650 LiFePo4 Battery packs, YET ? ? ? I don't trust my skills and knowledge ( let alone spot/tap welder) to work on these. Is China going to RULE the Lithium Market and then the world ? ? I would love to get a book that teaches me how to rebuild and repair these packs - I believe there is a market for a few companies to compete. How do you test the cells/strings of the pack, take off the metal strips and reweld cells without electrocuting ourselves? Too bad that ECOTECH College(Denver) wouldn't want to take this service up, they could teach their student with real world experiences and make some profit, novel idea. I have 3 packs they could work on, now. Plus they could practice taking smaller packs apart and rebuilding them into more powerful packs - multiple 48V 20ah packs into 72V 60ah packs, etc. They could probably get alot of cells from semi-dead tool packs into remanufactured packs !!! Anyone have any ideas or want to make some money ?????????? Thanks, Mar

snowryder
snowryder's picture
Re: LiFePo4 Battery Rebuilder/ Repair Companies??

I'm BACKKKK !! I know someone was working on single cell molds for 18650's. Too bad that he couldn't come up with a mold that looked like the old coin holder trays - with 16,18,20,22 or more(different Voltages) cell depressions(with cell springs/tabs), wired on the sides for series/ parellel and with the BMS sensor wires on the ends. They could be clicked together to form the different sized packs 48V,60V,72V, etc. and 10ah, 20ah, 40ah, 60ah and up !!!! They could even be added to without taking them apart - 48V 20ah + 24V 20ah = 72V 20ah, just change the BMS &/ or plug.. I hope we can bring the MINDS together to do something - I have the time and some room to do this - I do need a spot/tab welder, any ideas ????

IBScootn

Snowryder,

Try Norm Smith at Boulder Electric Vehicle
http://boulderev.com/theteamnormansmith.html

He's a nice guy that has spent many years teaching people about EVs and might know if there are any rebuilders locally. His company makes their own battery packs for their EV cargo trucks.

How did your XM-700Li multiple battery pack project turn out?

Motorcycles: 2011 ZEV Trail 7100, 84V, 60AH, 60+mph, Cycle Analyst, TNC throttle, modified charger. 2013 Kymco GT300i
Bicycles: 2017 Sondors Thin
Cars: 2016 Leaf SV, 30KWH pack. 2007 CR-V
Solar array: 5KW. Cost per lifetime KWH produced $0.073
Bi

IBScootn

Another idea - check this link for local RC clubs. Someone there be able to help.

http://www.pprcflyers.net/Joomla/munclublinks/51-linkclubcolorado.html

Motorcycles: 2011 ZEV Trail 7100, 84V, 60AH, 60+mph, Cycle Analyst, TNC throttle, modified charger. 2013 Kymco GT300i
Bi

snowryder
snowryder's picture

Thanks IBSCOOTN, I will try that connection - sounds like a good direction. The batt switch worked great but, I couldn't figure out the power reversals during charging. It charged find for a couple weeks then it overheated the batts even if that batt switch was off so, I now just run batt plugs to the seat and unplug and switch plugs. All that work for nothing. I know it can be done but, it is above my pay scale and/or funds. Now it is time to fix the batt packs !!! Thanks

IBScootn

Snowryder,

Did you get your battery cells repackaged? If yes, what was involved?

Bi

kristol

maybe this would help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GVPWkyyIZM i got this video and this is what i am trying to follow. well i am thinking if there was a free car recall for battery like this LiFePO4?

kristol

maybe this would help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GVPWkyyIZM i got this video and this is what i am trying to follow. well i am thinking if there was a free car recall for battery like this LiFePO4?

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage