Display problem

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
R
R's picture
Display problem

A circuit of the LCD display is failing. Only 2/3 of the guage bars are displayed. If I push the dashboard with my fingers, sometimes it recovers for some seconds. Please have a look at the video. How can I solve that new problem?

many thanks in advance.
R

Drew
Drew's picture
Re: Display problem

LCDs often have connective strips made out of carbon-loaded rubber strips alternating with insulating rubber strips that connect the lcd screen plated wires/tracks (almost invisible) on the screen to the pcb underneath. Damp can cause oxides to appear at these junctions and cause high resistance joints leading to the sysmptoms you experience. Either that or there is a hair-line crack in an associated pcb. When you press the screen, the small amount of deflection could then cause the broken joint to 'make' again temporarily displaying the correct characters again, until you let go.

I guess you'll need to remove the instrument cluster and inspect it for signs of damp/corrosion/cracks/faulty connections.

Good luck and let us know if you find the fault!

Drew

Drew

Oatnet
Re: Display problem

Loose connection.

If you can't sort it out, I think I have a spare, you can have it at whatever it was I paid for it.

-JD

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage