Vectrix 2" Shorter seats on eBay $125 shipped

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oatnet
Vectrix 2" Shorter seats on eBay $125 shipped

The seller has 5 left, I bought one just to sample it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110738027392

R
R's picture
Re: Vectrix 2" Shorter seats on eBay $125 shipped

Very recommendable item. I purchased it some time ago, and I simply love it. Lower ridding postion is superb.

HarryS

How tall are you? I am 5/11. Do you think I am too tall for the lower seat?

moccasin
moccasin's picture

How tall are you? I am 5/11. Do you think I am too tall for the lower seat?

Absolutely not! A lower seat will place you down more behind the windsheild, which is rediculously low on these things anyway. It will help with the wind buffeting that you get from the shield.

Like you (I think), I use a taller shield on my scooter, but at 5'11" myself, I can't flatfoot both sides of the bike when stopped. I'd love to drop me down a little just so I could maybe go back to the sleeker looking OEM shield. I may have to look into one of these while they are still available!!

israndy
israndy's picture

Wow he sold all of them. There are so few things Vectrix that sell on eBay, good on him. Says he found one more that is for sale.

-Randy

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture

Pretty sure this forum helped him with selling!

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

HarryS

I purchased one of the five that were offered and tested it yesterday. It seems to be lowering the position considerably, seems to be mo than 2 inches to me. I was using it with the winter shield and at 5'11" was actually looking through the shield rather than over it. If you like to stay out of the elements completely, this combination allows you to do it. On the negative, i found the seat uncomfortable and my butt hurt after 10 minutes. Needless to say, I took it off again last night. For small riders this is certainly a good upgrade. I will stick with the normal seat.

moccasin
moccasin's picture

Interesting report. I also bought one, and like it. You and I are the same height, but we got different results from the change, and I suspect that may be because you are more "leggy" than me and I carry more of my height in the torso.

I was hoping the lower seat would put me down to a good height for the stock windshield, but that didn't happen. In fact, I'm still looking well over the tall shield, and still find the need to use my stealth edging on the shield to control the wind noise, although it's much better than before. I'm never on my bike more than 10 minutes, so I don't get the sore butt issue by default, but I suspect yours may be because if you're leggy, and drop the seat, then your knees are higher up and that forces your body weight down onto your cheek bones, rather than on your thighs and lower cheeks.

I'm sure you can recupe most of your investment by re-selling the seat on eBay or on here. Sorry that my earlier advice steered you down the wrong path, my friend.

Mik
Mik's picture

I purchased one of the five that were offered and tested it yesterday. It seems to be lowering the position considerably, seems to be mo than 2 inches to me. I was using it with the winter shield and at 5'11" was actually looking through the shield rather than over it. If you like to stay out of the elements completely, this combination allows you to do it. On the negative, i found the seat uncomfortable and my butt hurt after 10 minutes. Needless to say, I took it off again last night. For small riders this is certainly a good upgrade. I will stick with the normal seat.

The original seller would not post to Australia - maybe you could sell it on to me?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Aircon

Whilst I like the idea of sitting lower for all the obvious reasons, I just don't like the idea of having my knees up near my neck! I already find the foot position too high for my liking. The standard seat, however, feels higher from the ground than many motor bikes I've owned.

moccasin
moccasin's picture

Yep. I keep thinking there's gotta be a way to install some "highway pegs" on this thing! HAHA!! :-)

Ingineer

I know I'm bumping a super-old thread, but if anyone has a shorter seat for sale, I'd love to have it! (PM me)

zeuz

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage