Did I Get The Wrong Motor?

No replies

First a little background. In 2009 I set out to build a 72 volt lead acid battery powered motorcycle. At that time the Etek motor was no longer available. So I had three common brands to choose from not counting the D&D which I call the Blue Motors. So the choices were the $2,000 dollar LEMCO, the $1,000 dollar Perm PMG-132, and the $500 dollar MARS ME0708 or ME0709. I ended up buying the ME0709.

Since then I decided to settle for a 48 volt system (for now at least) because of difficulty I was having shoving 6 batteries into my bike, and more importantly cost. For example you can land a used 48 volt golf cart controller for $150 where a new 72 volt one will run you three times that. I say new because golf carts mostly come in 36 or 48 volt configs, that I have seen anyways so most likely you are forced to buy a new controller to build a 72 volt system.

Anyway my question is would I have been better off with the ME0708 as it revs up higher at 48 volts?

Revenge of the Electric Car The electric car is not only back from the dead, it's inevitable

Who's new

• wavelet
  • Stef.T
  • hewittwill
  • eccon
Customize This