Custom made bike 4000w+ hub motor need info

1 reply [Last post]
Dtate91

Im interested in making a bike, not sure what voltage battery to use, i want to know what volt is best for power/economy, and what amp controller to use. What size battery etc.. I want it to eival the stealth bomber rangin at approx 80km and 80kph.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
MEroller
MEroller's picture
Re: Custom made bike 4000w+ hub motor need info

For 80km range and 80km/h you would have to go to 72V and at least 60Ah. If you have any intention of doing both at the same time, i.e. 80km at 80km/h, even 60Ah would be a little on the small side for such a ride. 100Ah would be safer.
You will need a 5 continuous to 8kW peak Motor (with just a 4kW motor it would be more of a struggle to get to 80km/h), and a controller that can deliver more than 200A peak, 300 to 350A peak would be better, and at least 100A continuous, 150A would be better.

My ride: E-Sprit Fury (basis is the ZAP/Erider Thunder 5000) since May 03, 2011. Mods: Battery temp. gauge and battery heating (off the grid and off the battery), Kelly KEB72801X, reverse activated, luggage rack with topcase, HC Cycle Analyst, Emsiso BMS2405, 35mm² battery cables

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Short URL

Customize This