Dc motor help

2 replies [Last post]
JayS916

How would i know if the Dc motor and how would i be able to test it.Since im doing my senior project on building a hydroeletric mini scale dam.I was thinking that i should use a dc motor with a wheel but the problem is how do i know if the motor works?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Spaceangel
Re: Dc motor help

Sort of bad spelling? hydroeletic? Are you using a permanent magnet motor? What voltage is motor? Are you using a turbine wheel? paddle wheel? Hydraulic screw? Are you using it as a motor and generator?

jeGra Project
http://home.comcast.net/~russell239/
Rusty
Comcast just deleted Web page and url to

JayS916
Re: Dc motor help

I will be using a Turbine Wheel,Permanent Magnet motor and i will be using it as a generator.I just dont know how many volts yet.Where would i be able to find a permanent magnet motor.I mean if i use it as a generator and water flows through the wheel it would generate Electricity?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
e-Moto G3 Volt Silicon Electric Scooter Commute and get around town on the G3 Volt Electric Scooter from E-Moto.
The Transition Companion: Making Your Community More Resilient in Uncertain Times
Resilient Cities: Responding to Peak Oil and Climate Change
Ask me about my Electric Car - button
Divorce Your Car! : Ending the Love Affair with the Automobile
Simply Car-free How to Pedal Toward Financial Freedom and a Healthier Life

Who's new

• millzy555
  • chonda
  • ibiketowork16
  • marccloutier1953
  • warpig23
Customize This