Sevcon Millipak and MARS PMAC wiring help

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
aaronlongo
Sevcon Millipak and MARS PMAC wiring help

I picked up a Sevcon Millipak controller and a Mars PMAC motor to go along with it. I only need my go kart to move forward. Can anyone help me out with a layman's wiring diagram?

MEroller
MEroller's picture
Re: Sevcon Millipak and MARS PMAC wiring help

The way I understand Sevcon Millipak it is only meant for brushed "DC" motors or separately excited motors. Your MARS however APPEARS to be a permanent magnet alternating current (thus PMAC) motor, or better described as a permanent magnet synchronous motor. That motor requires a Sevcon Gen4 controller for example, with three output phases that must be connected to the three bolt and nut terminals marked U, V and W on the motor housing, three hall sensor inputs U1...U3 that come from pins 1 to 3 in the 5-pin connector of the motor, a Hall sensor power output that goes into pin 5 of the 5-pin motor connector, and a ground connection that should be connected to pin 4 of that 5-pin connector.
However, as I have no reference of what motor and Millipak controller you are actually using this is only educated guessing. Any links to proper documentation of the products you bought?

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage