Sevcon Millipak and MARS PMAC wiring help

1 reply [Last post]
aaronlongo

I picked up a Sevcon Millipak controller and a Mars PMAC motor to go along with it. I only need my go kart to move forward. Can anyone help me out with a layman's wiring diagram?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
MEroller
MEroller's picture
Re: Sevcon Millipak and MARS PMAC wiring help

The way I understand Sevcon Millipak it is only meant for brushed "DC" motors or separately excited motors. Your MARS however APPEARS to be a permanent magnet alternating current (thus PMAC) motor, or better described as a permanent magnet synchronous motor. That motor requires a Sevcon Gen4 controller for example, with three output phases that must be connected to the three bolt and nut terminals marked U, V and W on the motor housing, three hall sensor inputs U1...U3 that come from pins 1 to 3 in the 5-pin connector of the motor, a Hall sensor power output that goes into pin 5 of the 5-pin motor connector, and a ground connection that should be connected to pin 4 of that 5-pin connector.
However, as I have no reference of what motor and Millipak controller you are actually using this is only educated guessing. Any links to proper documentation of the products you bought?

My rides:
E-Sprit Fury (basis is the ZAP/Erider Thunder 5000) since May 03, 2011. Mods: Battery temp. gauge and battery heating (off the grid and off the battery), Kelly KEB72801X, reverse activated, luggage rack with topcase, HC Cycle Analyst, Emsiso BMS2405, 35mm² battery cables - repaired again :-)

QvR vR one: a Swiss package of pure understatement - innocent and to some eyes (from some angles) exceedingly ugly looks, but with raw and hardly containable electron power up to real 95 to 100km/h! And a literally rock-hard suspension due to a carrying capacity of twice it's unladen weight...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

JensonUSA Bicycle parts and accessories
eZip 500 Electric Scooter The E-500 electric scooter is ideal for speedy neighborhood transportation, or simply having some fun cruising around the block.
Customize This