Any one know that someone build Wooden Scooter Called " Igorot Scooter " with electric motor

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
DeafElectricScooter
Any one know that someone build Wooden Scooter Called " Igorot Scooter " with electric motor

Any one know that someone build Wooden Scooter
there Called " Igorot Scooter " with electric motor ?

MEroller
MEroller's picture
Re: Any one know that someone build Wooden Scooter Called " ...

The term "Igorot" would set it in the highlands of Northern Luzon in the Philippines, that being a derogative naming of the local indigeninuos people from various tribes such as the Ifugao or Bontoc.
There are rather ingenious entrepreneurs in the Philippine Isles that have come up with interesting mobility concepts using local and natural resources, but I have never heard of that scooter yet, and would certainly not name it "Igorot" :-(

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

MEroller
MEroller's picture

This DOES intrigue me as it touches a part of my childhood :-)
The best I could find so far is this:
http://www.onlinebaguio.com/index/?p=69
Not electric though, but rather dependent on gravity, so it is more like a downhill bike. But it should be possible to electrify such a contraption so it does not have to be pushed back up into the Corillera. Steering quality however would probably have to be improved if this vehicle should it be used for anything more than just one downhill race a year :-)

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

scouttster
scouttster's picture

If you want to see the most eco-friendly (and prehistoric looking) green motorcycle around you’ll have to travel to the Philippines. It was created by the natives of the Cordilleras, these motorcycles use nothing but the power of gravity and your feet. Let’s just say that Fred Flinstone would be very proud to own one.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage