Need Replacement Cells? I'm breaking up my pack and selling full trays

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oatnet
Need Replacement Cells? I'm breaking up my pack and selling full trays
AttachmentSize
Image icon IMG_0060.JPG42.72 KB

Breaking up my Vectrix's NiMh pack, selling full trays on eBay. I bought my Vectrix new, and rode it for 1.5 years/2,600 miles before I replaced it with the LiFePO4 pack that was in my VW Bus. You may have seen that posted here, and on endless-sphere. I swapped out the pack because post-charge temps went from 26c to 33c rather suddenly, so I figure at least one bad cell, I just don't know where it is. Well, that and I had the spare LiFePO4 going to waste. I have promised trays to a few people, but the remainder of the pack is going up on FeeBay, er eBay. I've tried to attach a picture of the first tray, I haven't attached pics here before hope I did it right.

My wife does the shipping for me, but will only ship to the US due to the paperwork involved.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140666486911

-JD

antiscab
Re: Need Replacement Cells? I'm breaking up my pack and ...

Thats great news :D

do you have a discharge tester like a west mountain radio CBA?

If you do, I would test the trays to weed out marginal cells

I normally charge at 1A until either the cells get warm, or 30Hrs has gone by, then do a discharge run at 6A

sometimes I discharge a bit faster at first (~12A) using an additional load and Ah counter, but thats mainly to remove self discharge from the equation.

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Oatnet

I bought an extra tray for about $100 fom the guy who broke up the silver vectrix last year and sold on ebay, so I originally planned to test through the pack, replace the bad cells, and sell it completely refurbished. However, I am knee deep in a 102mph twin eBike project (one CroMotor and the othe xlyte 5403 (not 5303), I have a car conversion project stacked up after that, so I don't want to invest the little bit of time outside of work that I have free in playing around with the vectrix pack. Leaving NiMh sit around is not a great option either, so out the door it goes.

Given the nature of the change, and that I caught it early instead of waiting until I got 50c temps like others have reported, I only expect one or two out of the 102 cells is bad, worst case someone ends up with only 7 replacement cells.

If someone wants to pick up the whole pack plus extra tray in Los Angeles at a steep discount, then I wouldn't have to increase the price to account for 9% FeeBay fees on the item plus shipping, and 3% Paypal fees, boxes and packing materials, and incentives to get my wife to handle the shipping for me. Of course, a few folks might be disappointed about not getting the spare cells I offered when breaking up the pack, but it is what it is.

-JD

Wildfire

Seriously considering this as the range on my bike at 6K is just starting to teeter on the verge of being too low for my needs. Just have to decide between performing The Laird's charger program mod or getting the spare cells...

R
R's picture

Just have to decide between performing The Laird's charger program mod or getting the spare cells...

In my opinion, the Lairds firmware is the easiest way... for me it works fine, I've recovered from 24 Ah to 29 Ah. The dissappearing bar syndrome has entirely gone!
ofx210p

Don't know if these are yours.

However as a quick bump on this forum

I found these today whilst on the looky for vectrix bits

Battery 8cell pack

Cor

Wow, I sold 8 modules to him so he could fix his Vectrix (which he probably did) and now is selling the leftovers for 3x more than I sold it. Oh well, I helped to keep one more Vectrix on the road...
(and no - I do not have any modules at this point, sold to 3 other owners to keep theirs on the road as well)
maybe in future again...

Oatnet

That's not my eBay auction, but my used pack (as described above) is still available for pickup only in Los Angeles: (6) 9-cell trays, (6) 8-cell trays, complete set of plastic containers for front and rear packs, all the power harnesses between the trays, basically everything but the sensor harnesses. I think I listed it here in another thread for $500, I'm so astonished it is still in my garage that I'll drop the price to $400.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage