halting performance... brushes need cleaning?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
LUvikes29
halting performance... brushes need cleaning?

Hello,
thanks all for past help with my battery issues. Today I took off for work after a big rainstorm last night, and the scooter, despite being in Power mode, performed like it was in Economy mode, except once in a while it would surge forward and perform normally for about 30 seconds, then drop back to about 25 MPH. At first, I thought my brushes must be getting dirty and need cleaning (I have just under 800 miles), but then I noticed that it was behaving EXACTLY like it was in economy mode, then when it surged forward, behaving 100% normally for 30 seconds to a minute, then dropping back again. I tried switching it to economy mode, and it ran perfectly with no surging at all.

Is it possible that there is a short in the power/economy switch or something, or does this sound like dirty brushes to those of you who have been through cleaning the brushes a few times?

Thanks again.
Jason

Johnny J
Johnny J's picture
Re: halting performance... brushes need cleaning?

After just 800 miles it´s definitively not the brushes, sounds like a switch issue.
I know a guy who rode more than 9000 miles without cleaning his EVT-motor.

LUvikes29
Re: halting performance... brushes need cleaning?

for the purpose of archiving the solution to the problem, it was definitely the switch. In this case, I first atttempted removing the top portion of the console and trying to hit the switch electricals with a hairdryer in case there was any moisture. That appears to have solved the problem for the short term. Apparently mixing high voltage electrical devices and large quantities of water is ill advised... who knew?

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage