Strange burning smell

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Caruso
Caruso's picture
Strange burning smell

I've been experiencing a strange metallic burning smell on the odd day for the last couple of weeks. It always happens when I slow to a stop after a long high speed run. Some days I could swear the motor controller or something is imminently about to burst into flames it's been that strong. But other days it's fine.

Anyway, today I finally got to the bottom of it. As I slowed to a stop using the regen braking there was the smell again, really strong this time. I looked round the bike, no signs of smoke or discolouration. Then a flash of electric blue light helped me to finally identify the source of the smell, and realised why it always happens at the same point in my journey....at a garage by the side of the road junction they are cutting up and welding metal pieces together! No idea what they're doing, but it's a relief that it's not the Vectrix that's the source of the smell.

azvectrix
Re: Strange burning smell

Not LOL, but CQ (chuckling quietly).

JimmyB

Excellent!

Aircon

Burning smell? I thought you were going to complain about too much wheel spin :)

Aircon

Burning smell? I thought you were going to complain about too much wheel spin :)

Aircon

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage