BionX for rowbike

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Row man
BionX for rowbike

I live at the bottom of a 1250 foot mountain which I either walk or drive up everyday. I have started pushing my rowbike up the mountain and then riding it around the top and then coasting back down slowly using the rear brake only. Does anyone have experience with a battery powered rowbike? One obvious concern is that the motor may go faster than I want to go. Is there a way to limit the top speed to something around 6 miles per hour? The rowbike is an excellent machine for an upper body workout but I would sure appreciate the boost that a motor could give me. I especially like the fact that the motor will only apply torque when i am pulling on the lever. If i let go for any reaason then the motor will stop. Thanks for any advice. The home page of the rowbike is http://rowbike.com/

Row man
Re: BionX for rowbike

I received the following prompt reply from the professionals at BionX. It looks like my dream of riding a rowbike up the mountain will have to wait a little longer. I doubt that even a very low gear would allow me to go up the mountain without a motor. The rowbike would probably be too difficult to control with too much motor assist. That would be dangerous.

At the present time all our retrofit kits for America , by default , are set to provide assistance ( both proportional pedal assist or throttle ) from 3km/h to 32km/h  , we are looking into implementing a configuration software to be able to slightly adjust these speeds while still complying to the federal regulations on electrically assisted bicycles .

For now , the minimum assisted speed is 3 km/h   and the max assisted speed is 32 km/h , these are not yet changeable .

Briggs31
Re: BionX for rowbike

Nice page. I like it

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage