Any east coasters/southeast/mid atlantic folks looking to split a battery shipment?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
ElectroLex
Any east coasters/southeast/mid atlantic folks looking to split a battery shipment?

I'm in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area of North Carolina. I'm in need of a couple of replacement LiFePO4s, but since shipping is such a big cost for a small shipment, I'm considering buying in bulk. I could use as many as 1600 Ah, but I'm looking more in the range of 800 Ah. It looks like deals are had with a 10,000 Ah shipment. Is anyone out there interested in going in on a shipment from China? We could discuss manufacturers later if the interest is there.

azvectrix
Re: Any east coasters/southeast/mid atlantic folks looking ...

You're considering the CHL or GBS cells, right? I'm in Arizona, but it might be worthwhile even if I have to pay shipping back from the east coast.

Ron

ElectroLex

I am considering CHL or GBS, Ron.

--
EVTA R-20 with Kelly Controller - 2,500 km (odometer)
XM-3500li with 3,500 km and Fechter/Goodrum BMS

azvectrix

I'd potentially be up for about 2500 Ah's worth...

Don Harmon

LiFeBATT is in Danville, Virgina. We offer Plug & Play LiFePO4 high quality Prismatic Cell Packs. Why go to China and risk your money to buy low C-Rate questionable LiFePO4 product with no warranty?

Don Harmon
www.lifebatt.com

ElectroLex

That's good to know, Don. I had been having trouble finding anyone relatively nearby. I am looking for twenty 40 Ah batteries, though, to fit my current BMS and battery storage area without a lot of modification.

--

Don Harmon

That's good to know, Don. I had been having trouble finding anyone relatively nearby. I am looking for twenty 40 Ah batteries, though, to fit my current BMS and battery storage area without a lot of modification.

Sounds like you are just looking for individual Cells. We don't participate in that venue, sorry. We custom build complete plug and play battery systems using our own BMS / VMS circuit protection boards. If ever in the Danville area feel free to drop by and visit us.

Don Harmon

Jack_son

ElectroLex,

I may be interested in joining your group purchase of LiFePO4 batteries. What size batteries, or cells? Price each with and w/o group deal? Total shipping estimate?

I have an E-Wheels EW-475-Li 6-speed mountain bike, which has a 10 AH 36 V LiFePO4 battery. I need a spare to double range -- OR build one with cells.

I also may be in additional batteries, or cells, for camper and solar applications.

EWheels EW475 eBike LiFePO4 36 V 10 AH Bat

ElectroLex

CHLs = $1.15 per amp-hour ($0.36/W-hr)
GBS = $0.80 per amp-hour ($0.25/W-hr)

These are assuming we can get a 10,000 Ah shipment together. I'm not sure about the availability of 10 Ahr batteries from either supplier. I am leaning more towards the quality CHLs. I will have to check into the shipping costs, but it won't add tremendously to the overall costs. I figure that I can get very high quality batteries once every five years, and in bulk, I can get the quality ones for less than a small shipment of lower quality ones.

So, I think we're still at less than half of what we'd need with the interest expressed so far...

--

PJD
PJD's picture

I am interested in four, 40AH CHL's - to Pittsburgh, PA. Unfortunately I renewed a 48 volt motor scooter pack with Winston cells (at about the same price, plus shipping) only a year ago, or I would be interested in 20 of them.

PJD
PJD's picture

I would be wary of GBS. I've had two fail outright in less than 11 months. Read my new topic about the possible cause.

ElectroLex

Just wanted to check in again, in case the picture has changed for anyone out there? I'm still looking to purchase batteries, and I wonder if anyone else wants to go in on a shipment this year?

--

JimmyB

Not sure if this is still a live discussion but I'm looking for 42 x 40Ah to do a lithium conversion on my Vectrix. I've got feelers out to a number of suppliers in the US, but if the option of coming in on a shipment will work out significantly cheaper I'd definitely be interested.

Cheers!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage