Has anyone tried to claim the 10% federal tax credit?

No replies
LeThala
LeThala's picture

I purchased a C124 in 2011 which qualifies me for a tax credit of 10% of the purchase price of the bike under section 1142 of the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. I called the IRS and was told that I cannot claim the credit so I did not claim it on my taxes. They told me the manufacturer had to pre-certify the vehicle for eligibility with the IRS in order for me to claim the credit. I looked up the law online and there is no such requirement in the law. The law says any 2 or 3 wheel plug in electric vehicle purchased between 2009 and 2012 for on road use with a battery capacity of at least 2.5 kwh is eligible for the credit. I was wondering if anyone has tried to claim the credit on their taxes for a bike from Current.

The End of Oil: On the Edge of a Perilous New World
Build Your Own Electric Vehicle You need this book if you want to build your own EV
Website hosting with Dreamhost
V3 Cycle Analyst for Electric Bikes Ebike Display The Cycle Analyst V3 dashboard with speedometer sensor and magnet is a great addition to any Ebike
Build Your Own Electric Motorcycle
Bottled Lightning: Superbatteries, Electric Cars, and the New Lithium Economy Essential to understanding the economic importance of lithium batteries

Who's new

• chonda
  • ibiketowork16
  • marccloutier1953
  • warpig23
  • MrTinker
Customize This