Vectrix working well after battery replacement

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
HarryS
Vectrix working well after battery replacement

It has been said before on this forum that we mostly belabor the negative issues so I thought I might present some positive news as well. I was one of the lucky ones who had their battery replaced under warranty last year using the set aside funds from the Vectrix bankruptcy. Matt Hare came by my house to replace my faulty battery on my 2008 Vectix at 6800 miles. I have put over 4000 miles on the replacement and the battery is going strong. I just finished a fun ride today and am attaching the end of ride pictures. 43 miles at 40-50mph in undulating hills around Birmingham. Battery reads 119V at the end without and disappearing bars or anything. In fact the bike has worked flawless since I received this battery running the 68mph software. If nothing else it will make Matt Hare and Dana DeCosta happy to hear that here is one satisfied customer (thank you!). For everyone else, I suppose the new is that the bike can work as described provided wthe battery is good. let's hope I will get a few more satisfied years out of it. lmost the range I get from my Chevy Volt where I average 46-50 mile range.

HarryS
Re: Vectrix working well after battery replacement

here's the image to go along with the previous post
photo_0.JPG

Sugarstorm

Hy HarryS,

I'll help your cause.
I bought a used 2008 Vectrix in February and so far so good.
I rode it 1250kms so far and it's been wonderfull.
The current pack has some 33.000kms (20.000 miles) and the range is still around 60kms, 40 miles. But I have never taken it so low in voltage. 124v was the lowest. So, I think it might do, maybe, 10kms more. So, prety much like yours.
My bike has 53.300kms, 33.000 miles. Not bad for a EV!

I'm a happy costumer too!!!

tt-tronix
tt-tronix's picture

My 2009 Vectrix had 250kms on the clock when I bought it last year. Now it has 10500kms and the range is still between 60-70kms depending on the way I ride it. I am also a very happy Vectrix rider, despite to the fact I had to replace the charger last year (which is probably good for the battery, because I got a Runke/EVPS Charger REV4000).

israndy
israndy's picture

Me too. New battery not having issues this spring like my bike did my first spring. Love my new battery.

-Randy

HarryS

Ever since I bought my Volt I am not using the Vectrix much anymore. So anyone who is willing to make a good offer, send me a PM. Note that the bike has a new factory original battery that as never used with anything but the latest software. Unlike some of the recent replacements where they used batteries pulled from Li upgrades my battery arrived GSH from China. I get >40 miles on each charge so this is probably better than most new bikes, in fact it is a hell of a lot better then my bike was when I bought it in 2009.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage