E-max 110s upgrade to lifepo4

I recently got an E-max 110s 2008 model.

This comes with the stock 48V SLA battery and 4000W motor.

I would like to upgrade it to a 72V Lifepo4 pack.

I am getting an 18 fet controller from Lyen
I'm planning to build a pack from Headway 40152S cells, in 24s 5p configuration to give me a 60Ah pack.

The main problem I have is the existing 48V motor controller and the control box for the other scooter electrics are all in proprietary sealed circuits.

view under seat.

view under handlebars.

So my main concern is fitting the new controller without affecting the existing functions.

Should I leave the existing controller powered from a 72-48V dc-dc convertor and keep the electrics running off that, or completely remove it and attempt to rewire as a basic scooter wiring loom?

I have no schematics for this bike, if anyone has one it would be much appreciated.

before comments

Hello,

I am more than a little interested in your project, as I am hours away from acquiring a 110s equipped with (no doubt tired) original SLA's... It seems that they still hold their charge and give a reasonable range of 48 kms , but I think that they will need replacing sometime soon. We'll find out this evening as I am going for a test-driven, see if I can run the batteries empty on a short loop.

Anyhow, I do not plan on putting any money into lead acid technology anymore when the time comes, but rather drop 50 kilos or more off the bike's weight and pose myself a new challenge by converting to LiFePO or other lithium cells.

So if you have made ANY progress on your conversion, please post...

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage