My circuit breaker trips all the time

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
mguilbau
My circuit breaker trips all the time

For no apparent reason my circuit breaker trips whenever I turn my ignition on. I have a 2008 Zapino and I have no idea where to begin testing. Any help or useful advice is most welcome.

Marc

sgmdudley
Re: My circuit breaker trips all the time

The batteries are in series for 60Volts total. They are in series with the circuit breaker and the controller.
So the breaker is preventing excess current draw between the controller and the batteries. Do you use the breaker
on a regular basis as a switch (which is the way to shut off the batteries). If used regularly, it could be faulty
after all these years. The other possibility is in the batteries or controller. I have not run into a tripping
Ckt Brker issue with all the Zapinos I have worked on so don't have any other info to provide.

Robert Dudley
E-Scoot Tech

mguilbau
Re: My circuit breaker trips all the time

Thank you so much for the Reply. I will get out a voltmeter and determine if there is the proper voltage at one side of the breaker. It probably would be a good idea to just replace the breaker and see if that does the trick. I have never worked on this platform before. How do you disable the bike so I won't damage it when I replace the breaker. I suppose just disconnect the batteries but I would love to learn this lesson the easy way and not the expensive way.

Many thanks

Marc

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage