Australian Vectrix Questions

65 posts / 0 new
Last post
robwhite
robwhite's picture
Re: Australian Vectrix Questions

I had a similar problem a while back where the motor would go clunk and then the throttle would reverse when I then came to a stop the bike would reset and off I would go again for another 100 meters or so and the cycle would start again another way around it was to turn off. The key and then back on again to reboot whilst still moving this should reset the throttle again temporary
I finally found the problem was the red wire in the small loom going to the encoder it had rubbed through on the head of the bolt that rotates on the end the the electric motor when it shorted it caused the clunk or temp lock up and then the throttle reversed ie. when you went into regen you would actually accelerate very interest experience in peak hour traffic

rob white

Aircon

Turned out to be a broken solder cutting the power. Easy fix. Phew. Thanks to LithiumVectrix (Paul) for finding the problem and fixing it for me.

Mik
Mik's picture

Turned out to be a broken solder cutting the power. Easy fix. Phew. Thanks to LithiumVectrix (Paul) for finding the problem and fixing it for me.

Where was the problematic solder joint located?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Aircon

Where was the problematic solder joint located?

a solder connecting batteries.

It took longer to pull the bike apart than to fix it. Very relieved indeed. There's just nothing available in this country that could replace a Vectrix, and that's a fact.

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage