Trek Valencia+ HELP ME PLEASE

1 reply [Last post]
Peter Stonsby

Hello, I am considering buying my friend's Trek Valencia=+ ...there is only one problem. He let the bike sit idle for around 7-8 months. Now the battery only gives me about 8 miles of life, even conserving it as much as possible. I need to A) find out EXACTLY where and how much a replacement battery costs, B) UPGRADE the battery as described above. Can you tell me where I am to purchase such a battery online, or do I have to go through a BionX dealer? I am not an electronics wizard, however the LiFePO4 batteries look like a way to go, but wil I need to change everything to add this kind of battery? I am very confused, and perhaps I will also post this as a new thread... Thanks in advance for any help, Petey

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Jack_son
Re: Trek Valencia+ HELP ME PLEASE

Peter,

You failed to mention original battery [type, V, AH rating ...], but I see it shows a Lithium Battery. LiFePO4 is very good, but you _may_ be able to recondition old battery, and then use original charger, and mount + connections.

EWheels EW475 eBike LiFePO4 36 V 10 AH Bat

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
e-Moto G3 Volt Silicon Electric Scooter Commute and get around town on the G3 Volt Electric Scooter from E-Moto.
Bottled Lightning: Superbatteries, Electric Cars, and the New Lithium Economy Essential to understanding the economic importance of lithium batteries
V3 Cycle Analyst for Electric Bikes Ebike Display The Cycle Analyst V3 dashboard with speedometer sensor and magnet is a great addition to any Ebike
Customize This