Lead-Acid or Lithium-Ion

1 reply [Last post]
Boyd6944
Boyd6944's picture

I'm having a kind of hard decision to make, I know lithium-ion is lighter & more powerful. Recently I blew 2 of the 5 batteries in my scooter-style electric bike. on 1 hand I have a tech saying to change to li-on I have to change motor, controller,& converter. Then on the other I have another tech at another shop saying that I don't have to change anything but the batteries. To make the switch do I have to run up a bill of almost $2000.00 if not more, or just 5 li-on batteries. Thanks for any help you can give.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
eva-michael
eva-michael's picture
Re: Lead-Acid or Lithium-Ion

Boyd6944 wrote:

I'm having a kind of hard decision to make, I know lithium-ion is lighter & more powerful. Recently I blew 2 of the 5 batteries in my scooter-style electric bike. on 1 hand I have a tech saying to change to li-on I have to change motor, controller,& converter. Then on the other I have another tech at another shop saying that I don't have to change anything but the batteries. To make the switch do I have to run up a bill of almost $2000.00 if not more, or just 5 li-on batteries. Thanks for any help you can give.

You don't need to change anything. As a manager at a EV power company for more than 6 years, I can surely tell you that only need to replace batteries. If you are using 5 pcs 12V nominal SLA batteries in series. Then your scooter is a 60V scooter. You will need a LiFePo4 battery pack which is 20 cells in series.

For ad:
http://www.evassemble.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=150
Your battery pack should probably a 60V12Ah one. The 60V12Ah headway LiFePO4 here is about 441USD.

www.evassemble.com all for EVs
If you are finding ev parts, this will be a website deserves your visit.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Short URL

High Voltage: The Fast Track to Plug In the Auto Industry A behind-the-scenes look at the robustly competitive race to dominate the market for electric cars.
How to Live Well Without Owning a Car Save Money, Breathe Easier, and Get More Mileage Out of Life
Who Killed the Electric Car? Essential documentary explaining what happened the last time electric cars were killed
Customize This