Lead-Acid or Lithium-Ion

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Boyd6944
Boyd6944's picture
Lead-Acid or Lithium-Ion

I'm having a kind of hard decision to make, I know lithium-ion is lighter & more powerful. Recently I blew 2 of the 5 batteries in my scooter-style electric bike. on 1 hand I have a tech saying to change to li-on I have to change motor, controller,& converter. Then on the other I have another tech at another shop saying that I don't have to change anything but the batteries. To make the switch do I have to run up a bill of almost $2000.00 if not more, or just 5 li-on batteries. Thanks for any help you can give.

eva-michael
eva-michael's picture
Re: Lead-Acid or Lithium-Ion

I'm having a kind of hard decision to make, I know lithium-ion is lighter & more powerful. Recently I blew 2 of the 5 batteries in my scooter-style electric bike. on 1 hand I have a tech saying to change to li-on I have to change motor, controller,& converter. Then on the other I have another tech at another shop saying that I don't have to change anything but the batteries. To make the switch do I have to run up a bill of almost $2000.00 if not more, or just 5 li-on batteries. Thanks for any help you can give.

You don't need to change anything. As a manager at a EV power company for more than 6 years, I can surely tell you that only need to replace batteries. If you are using 5 pcs 12V nominal SLA batteries in series. Then your scooter is a 60V scooter. You will need a LiFePo4 battery pack which is 20 cells in series.

For ad:
http://www.evassemble.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=150
Your battery pack should probably a 60V12Ah one. The 60V12Ah headway LiFePO4 here is about 441USD.

www.evassemble.com all for EVs
If you are finding ev parts, this will be a website deserves your visit.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage