MX-500 not working, Help

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
x-500
MX-500 not working, Help

Hello, My son's Razor MX-500 Dirt bike isn't working..When I turn the power on I get the power light on, so the batteries seem to be charged but, when I give it throttle it doesn't work..
Is there something I can do to test to see if it's the motor, or try something else to figure out whats wrong?

Thanks

LeftieBiker
Re: MX-500 not working, Help

I'm no expert, but essentially if the motor just stopped working with no warning, it's probably the throttle, controller (which turns the weak signal from the throttle into variable high-amperage power for the motor) or wiring harness. The first thing to do is check all the connections you can get at. If you can get hold of a spare throttle you can swap that in next, but throttle don't seem to fail all at once either, unless damaged. The wiring going from the throttle to the controller, and from the controller to the motor, are you most likely culprit. Since it's a dirt bike, did it get crashed or immersed in water...?

x-500

Thanks for the help..It was driving fine the other day and when he want to ride it the next day, nothing..I went over the wiring and didn't find anything..when I turn the throttle I hear a click coming from the motor or the controller, just one click when I first turn the throttle...im at work right now but, I'll check to see if its coming from the motor or controller..he doesn't drive it in mad or rain so it doesn't really get to wet, we did rise it off with the hose last week but it was running fine after that..

Thanks again

LeftieBiker

Can you measure battery voltage? Kids tend to kill lead-acid batteries by running them right down to dead or near-dead. Sometimes they don't revive again after that. A charged lead-acid pack should have roughly 13 (not 12) volts per battery. So if this uses two 12 volt batteries it should read nearly 26 volts at the charging connection.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage