Hello to everyone!

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
drgrin
drgrin's picture
Hello to everyone!

I want to say hello to all forum members. I am silent reader for long time, and during that time it convinced me that Vectrix is good choice so finally I managed to buy my own white VX-1.

I am working in EV industry for several years, and was involved in development of S.A.M. three wheeler.

My final idea plan is to replace NiMH BP with S.A.M. battery, which is li-po and surprisingly has the same voltage level as VX-1. Stay tuned :)

Best regards,

Drgrin

PS. Does any one can PM diagnostic SW?

CHL lithium battery
CHL lithium battery's picture
Re: Hello to everyone!

I think buying a Maxi scooter with 120km/h from Mountain chen would be better choice than VX-1,you don't need to convert into Lithium battery and costs only half prices......French_client.jpgmaxi 1.jpg

CHL lithium battery
CO2

Hi drgrin,
What is the year of your VX-1?

(CHL)We know all the good quality of Chen...or not. I hope your batteries is better.:-)
Who sell your batteries in UE?

drgrin
drgrin's picture

I think that Mountain Chen scooter has no sex at all comparing to Vectrix ;) It simply looks like Korean cars in nineties, from first look modern, but sooo asian from close distance..

Beside that I'll bet that 8kW low RPM BLDC in rear wheel is much heavier that Vectrix solution so handling can be worse, and half of VX1 power will cause it to loose on each green light contest. I don't need 120 km/h in the city, but I do need perfect brakes, handling and acceleration, and all of this is in VX1. Front brake disc looks tiny especially when you need to decelerate from 120 km/h.

And most important: It's fun to build battery by your own, and that's why I bought used Vectrix to play with.

Rgds

drgrin
drgrin's picture

It's 2008.

Mik
Mik's picture

Welcome!

That's a very good reason to buy a Vectrix (all the fun fixing the battery).

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

CO2

It's 2008.

From 2008, the charger is ok!!!

CHL lithium battery

Ok,forget Mountain chen,buy from http://visforvoltage.org/forum/12652-sale-2007-vx-1-li-ion-vectrix ,it has CHL battery too !

Mik
Mik's picture

Ok,forget Mountain chen,buy from http://visforvoltage.org/forum/12652-sale-2007-vx-1-li-ion-vectrix ,it has CHL battery too !

OK, forget spamming, please!

Here is a new forum members first post, and you are plastering it with advertisements.

Keep ads in the commercial section, please!

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

antiscab

My final idea plan is to replace NiMH BP with S.A.M. battery, which is li-po and surprisingly has the same voltage level as VX-1.

out of curiosity, what capacity is the SAM battery?

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Jerry Bennett

Welcome drgin!
I am in a similar situation, just bought 2 VX-1, one working the other not. Thinking of converting to LIpo as I need more range.
I am watching to see what is available. best of luck!

drgrin
drgrin's picture

OK, it took more than year, but job is done.

I've installed 36 Kokam 53Ah cells in VX, what gives about 7 kWh energy and about 120 km of range. Works really awesome, bike is much lighter and drives very well.

I have some NiMh sets for sell if anyone is interested.

Rgds

Aircon

I've installed 36 Kokam 53Ah cells in VX, what gives about 7 kWh energy and about 120 km of range. Works really awesome, bike is much lighter and drives very well.

Rgds

Congrats! If you're anything like me, you'll wish you did it ages ago!.

Aircon

Rgds

Congrats! If you're anything like me, you'll wish you did it ages ago!.

MEroller
MEroller's picture

I think that Mountain Chen scooter has no sex at all comparing to Vectrix ;) It simply looks like Korean cars in nineties, from first look modern, but sooo asian from close distance...

It is very interesting how tastes differ around the world :-) VX1 in my eyes looks pretty good up front, but it's behind has a VERY obese look to it that has repelled me from even thinking about buying one from the day it was unveiled so many years ago.

As for the Chinese Xunda-clad scooters such as Chen's Thunder or Puma, they follow the style of Peugeot's Speedfight scooter series, and this kind of styling is very pleasing to European eyes at least. Puma is for me by far the best looking Maxi-Scooter currently on the market, including all the Burgman fatsoes.

But then again, one is not supposed to fight over tastes :-) I wish you all the fun (and success) in the world with your VX1 battery build!

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

R
R's picture

Not only about tastes...
I'm converting my vectrix to LI with the aid of some friends in an e-dealer of chinese 5000w lithium scooters, and we could compare them: The chinese scooters look very good, but as soon as you remove the plastic cover panels, everything looks very scary! The vectrix, in contrast, seems very well constructed and pretty detailed. A pity they never managed to run the GP NIMH cells properly: apart from the battery, the Vx-1 is a superb e-motorbike.

MEroller
MEroller's picture

Sure, VX1 build quality is from a different universe compared to most Chinese electric scooters. But then again, with all the immense complexity of the Vectrix systems so much can go awry that I am not sure if the higher build quality also results in higher dependability...

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

Aircon

Sure, VX1 build quality is from a different universe compared to most Chinese electric scooters. But then again, with all the immense complexity of the Vectrix systems so much can go awry that I am not sure if the higher build quality also results in higher dependability...

Geez man...I'm not a Vectrix fanboi, but alloy swingarm, brembo brakes, marzocchi suspension.....no comparison to anything else in electric scooters I've seen. I saw the photos of pcarlson's scooter here http://visforvoltage.org/forum/11326-erider-8000w-scooter-australia-similar-xm5000li and almost laughed my head off at what a piece of rubbish the build quality was.

Diss the looks all you like, but the Vectrix is in a league of its own in respect of quality....probably why they were so relatively expensive and in the end why they've gone out of business, probably twice now!

pcarlson's scooter is about $6k here http://erider.com.au/prod32.htm ....the Vectrix was $14k....after starting out at $17k!!!

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage