Last post
medusa569
medusa569's picture
Help switching fuse types on eZee
AttachmentSize
Image icon ezee3sm.JPG29.24 KB
Image icon Ezee2sm.JPG27.02 KB
Image icon eZee fusesm.JPG26.61 KB

I need a little help please. The internal fuse in my eZee battery broke the other days thanks to lots of bumps in the streets. To avoid this in the future I'd like to bypass the internal cylindrical fuse and make a simple connector extension that would connect to the power wires.Is it as simple as connecting the current two fuse wires and then adding the extension. I don't want to muck up any of the othe protective features the eZee may have. Pics are attached. The fuse is on the side with the singular round plug. The other side shows the charger plug and the rocker style on off switch. thanks

claire

ps yes I am a newbie to battery work....gives me great pause for concern.

Jack_son
Re: Help switching fuse types on eZee

Medusa,

Where are you located? Do you have a Radio Shack store near? An auto parts shop?

Either should sell automobile style ATC fuses, and holders for the blade fuses. If the fuse holder needs protection from water, etc. ATC holder with attached plastic cover only slightly higher. Pigtail holder and a couple of spare fuses should total~~$4-5 USD. Avoid the tiny blade fuses, as they for compact low current use.

What is present fuse rating, in Amps? I am not familiar with eZee, but have worked in electronics all my life.

Do you have access to a soldering iron, and solder? Radio Shack also has heat shrink 'spaghetti' tubing, to slip over wire before twisting and soldering. Keep tubing cool, until ready to cover joint after soldering. A hair dryer can shrink tubing nicely, but holding iron tip CLOSE W/O touching also works.

EWheels EW475 eBike LiFePO4 36 V 10 AH Bat

medusa569
medusa569's picture
Re: Help switching fuse types on eZee

I have a new standard size blade fuse holder, fuses and #12 wiring. The question I have is this. As you can see in the pics the current fuse is wired from the on off switch to fuse to battery..on positive wire. My question is can I repostion the fuse where I can connect the current fuse wires and then just make a removeable pigtail like extension to add onto the end of my power wires or does the fuse HAVE to stay in the middle postion between the on switch and the battery?? I was really hoping to avoid cutting up the battery case to try and place the blade fuse. I was to mount it outside for easy acessability. also I noticed all the wires are red...are they all postive wires or the the factory run out of black wires?? I do want to handle this battery safely and I'm very much a newbie to battery safety.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage