changing the battery- part of a bionx battery case

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
macnobili
changing the battery- part of a bionx battery case

hello everybody,
I have a 500 W bionx system 36 V that I bought in 2007. The battery has worked for about 10000 km , which is quite good although the autonomy of the bike wnt quite low quite quickly (about 2 year after purchase). I need to change the battera now and I knoe that there is an electronic card in the case, on top of the batteries. A new case, costs almost 1000 dollars here, which is a total rip off, considering I could almost buy a new bike for this price. My question: has somebody tried to open the case, buy new batteries and just replace them before closing the case ? there are a lot of wires in there ! and I am not an export in electronics !!! If somebody did, it would be nice to tell me where I could find the right batteries (or better ? ) and how to connect them ?
Many thanks ! great site !
macno

Don S Schaeffer
Don S Schaeffer's picture
Re: changing the battery- part of a bionx battery case

This probably won't help, but my Bionex battery recently died (Trek Ride Plus 7200). My friend bought a Bionex battery on E-bay for less than half retail. We had to modify the battery cage somewhat (cutting out some of the cross struts) to make it fit because the new one was a little larger than the old. But now it works great.

Trek Ride Plus Power assisted bike

Don S Schaeffer
Don S Schaeffer's picture

sorry--extra posting

Trek Ride Plus Power assisted bike

miro13car

what I would do .
to find out if you can replace cells yourself.
Pack is at the end of life anyway.
Simply disconnect string of cells from electronics board , wait 1-2 hours, connect it back and see if system power up.
If the system power up normally it means you can replace exact replica of strings of cells after you investigate and draw connection on the paper.
You have to find exact same cells or close but terminals are for sure welded but they can be soldered if you know what you doing.
The bottom line is to find out if the system does not LOOSE any thing after disconnecting string of cells for hours,
THIS KIND OF JOB IS FOR ATTENTIVE CAREFUL person , because chances are you can cause short which for sure would distroy electronics BMS.

CM

miro13car

what I would do .
to find out if you can replace cells yourself.
Pack is at the end of life anyway.
Simply disconnect string of cells from electronics board , wait 1-2 hours, connect it back and see if system power up.
If the system power up normally it means you can replace exact replica of strings of cells after you investigate and draw connection on the paper.
You have to find exact same cells or close but terminals are for sure welded but they can be soldered if you know what you doing.
The bottom line is to find out if the system does not LOOSE any thing after disconnecting string of cells for hours,
THIS KIND OF JOB IS FOR ATTENTIVE CAREFUL person , because chances are you can cause short which for sure would distroy electronics BMS.

CM

johnomd

I have exactly the opposite problem. I have good cells, but think I recently damaged the internal card after riding in the rain (error msg 22). If anyone out there has a worn out pre-candu Li-36 battery. I'd love to buy it from you for salvage. My direct email is iu#som@ya#hoo.com (remove the #'s). Thanks, I am not in a rush, so don't hesitate to contact me even if you see this several months down the road.

francisc

hello. I have a KTM bike-trail's 2013 model. I have problems with the battery. I had the bike wheel and I bought one original ktm 26V from the company. defect occurs so: I put the plug on the charger to charge the battery and flashing green LED lights and red and it is immediately interrupted - interrupted flashing red and the buzzer sounds and noises that can fix ... ? Please help me if you know how. sorry for my English but I used google translator
In the event that someone tried to load another source battery charger - this battery has higher voltage protection ??

please i wait ur response .

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage