Used Vectrix VH1 2008 for sale reg with blown MC boar. Has replaced battery pack in 2011.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
mike575
Used Vectrix VH1 2008 for sale reg with blown MC boar. Has replaced battery pack in 2011.

Hi My Vectrix has had new battery pack and back end including motor last year under warrantee and just got new mot when the MC noard died recently. the MC boar costs £2200 to replace so am selling the bike. Its otherwise in excellent condition and always garaged. Done about 15000miles. There seems to be a lot of hobbyists on this forum who may like to buy it for spares or repair with a used MC board and save big bucks If so give me ring on 07761871819 Cheers Mike
PS I have listed it on Ebay UK. Sorry if this is posted in wrong place.

martinwinlow
Re: Used Vectrix VH1 2008 for sale reg with blown MC boar. ...

Hi Mike,

If the relevant eBay auction is 190720968835, then you have not mentioned in the auction that it has a defective MC (main controller, I assume). I did eBay message you 2 days back...

It would be an interesting project to try to get another controller working with the standard motor. I suppose one could just replace the whole back wheel with a hub motor but that raises more questions than it answers.

I wonder why the controller blew? Have you tried the PCAN cable or won't even that work?

Regards, MW

Regards, Martin Winlow
Isle of Colonsay, Scotland
evalbum.com/2092

mike575

Yup thats me on ebay.Search for Vectrix for sale. I have amended it and described that the motor controller board is blown. I really loved this bike. Shame its so expensive to repair. Does anyone out there have a suitable motor controller board I could buy second hand ? In which case i would repair it and keep it running. Cheers Mike

mike575

Had David Gibson of emmissions free come over and look at it. Its completey dead. Blown 125A fuse and MC board looks blown as well. Not sure about the psan cable?

martinwinlow

Hmmm... I gather that a blown 125A fuse is a very common failing - I'mnot sure but might be connected to the earlier MB software where the max currant (and therefore acceleration) was higher. It might be that that is all that is wrong. Unfortunately, without some special test gear, the only way to find out is to partially dismantle the battery pack to get to the fuse and try replacing it. Even a bit of 5A fuse wire would do, just to see if it fires up. But this is a relatively simple job and there are several good videos on eBay showing ow to do it.

Failing that, Vectrix stuff does come up quite regularly on eBay, all over the world but esp USA , UK and Australia. I have had an on-going ebay search for anything Vectrix related for some months now. Only a couple of weeks back someone was selling 2 Vectrixs cheap for spares e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-VECTRIX-BLUE-/160870104221?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item25749afc9d#ht_500wt_1182 working but with flat battery (2007) sold for £450 on 22 Aug.

The PCAN cable is a CANBUS interface (with a Windows computer via USB) and allows you to interrogate and alter (but you must know what you are doing here!) the charger and MB software/firmware. Unfortunately it costs a good £200 or so.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide. MW

Regards, Martin Winlow
evalbum.com/2092

mike575

Thanks Martin if it doesnt sell I will look for another Vectrix on sale cheap so I can use its working MC board.
Would you be kind enough to send me a link to these videos please. Much gratitude.
Mike

martinwinlow

Hi Mike,

Antiscab's is probably the best that I have seen at least... http://www.youtube.com/user/antiscab/videos?sort=da&flow=grid&view=0 ... is all his youtube vids in date order starting with the oldest and the titles are reasonably helpful - I should watch them all anyway but in case you haven't the time, the 2nd and/or 3rd one will tell you what you need to know.

I have been thinking about buying the PCAN cable and renting it out on ebay (is that within the rules??) or something to try to get more owners involved with improving their V's as well as an excuse to try The Lairds software on my own V.... if your interested, let me know.

MW

Regards, Martin Winlow
evalbum.com/2092

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation