Any opinions on the E-Moto Ridge 3.0?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
PedalPusher
Any opinions on the E-Moto Ridge 3.0?

Looking at purchasing an E-Moto Ridge 3.0. Anything I should know about it? Is there any problems associated with it? Anything that is comparable or better than it? Really any information on it at all would be appreciated.

Daniele10
Daniele10's picture
Re: Any opinions on the E-Moto Ridge 3.0?

I saw an E-Moto Ridge 3.0 at the Commercial Ave Pier. It looked really nice and well built. The battery placement is pretty cool. If you want soft tail electric bike it may be the way to go.

"I mountain bike in Big Bear, Calif. in the Holcomb Valley area which is about 8000'. I'm in my early 60's and just bought this bike to enable me to continue with the long range and ride times that I love. (I'm talking 2 to 3 hours) Since I'm riding on dirt Forest Service roads it doesn't get the mileage but it does give me hours. The assist is just what I need. I will admit that without the battery on, low gear is still too high a range. The tech at Emoto said I can put a smaller front sprocket on if needed. But with the battery assist on I can climb the steep hills that normally I would use my extra low gears to get up. So for now, I'm going with the stock sprocket. The bike is all I was hoping for and more. The promotional information says it has a Panasonic batter but now where on the battery does it say Panasonic. The frame hinge is "pinned" so a very strong connection. I don't think it will ever break. I've always ridden hard-tail but love the rear shock. Long rough down hills are definitely smoother. I'll put a more aggressive tire on when this one wears out. It's not knobby enough for me but does work good enough. It's also a good looking bike. I'm very proud of having one." Amazon review

Good luck finding one,

Daniel Chase
Authorized Prodeco Technologies Dealer
http://USAebikes.com

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• Juli76

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002