Where is the temperature sensor and what does it look like please

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
HubCap
Where is the temperature sensor and what does it look like please

I am trying to fix a recurring temperature warning which stops me charging my Vectrix in humid weather (i.e. most of the time in the UK nowadays). To do this I am intending to laquer the temp sensor board and enclose it with silica gel desiccant.
The only problem is I don't what I am looking for. I understand it is near the headstock, but it would be great if anyone could post pictures of it so that I make sure I am fixing the right part. Can anyone help please?
Many thanks in anticipation
Hubcap

ofx210p
Re: Where is the temperature sensor and what does it look ...

A quick google for 'vectrix temperature sensor'

(google search)
http://tinyurl.com/9t5uoxk

Michael Faeds blog on repairing batteries
http://tinyurl.com/9zfnyjx

The temp sensors are the little green pcbs that are screwed down on top of the batteries. There are 2 sets. 1 for the back battery pack and one for the front.
There 6 per string and you'll find 2 on each level for both packs .

The image above shows the top layer - the rest need the battery packs to be removed and dismantled.

Hope this helps
--edit --

It would help if i read more than the title next time !!!

front temp sensor here
http://visforvoltage.org/sites/default/files/u3848/aigua%20sensor%20temp.jpg

rear one can be seen as a metal clip attached to the bottom left of this picture attached to the frame . In this instance there looks like a grey wire with a white plug near it - this is not part of the temp sense system - just bad camera angle
http://i28.tinypic.com/10eg75u.jpg

HubCap

Sorry if I am being a little slow, but are you saying the front temp sensor is the black object in the circle, in the first link below your edit to your original reply?

Thanks

Keep it shiny side up!

ofx210p

No , That is the plug for it - it feeds into the body of the headstock. If you follow that connector and wiring into the headstock body you will find the temp sensor circuit board.

ofx210p

Not forgetting if you use the lairds firmware instead of the vectrix one, you have the ability to charge when the temp sensors arent playing fair, plus... your temps on the batteris will be lower as well. (on average they raise about 2-3 degrees c above ambient - unlike vectrixs' software)

R
R's picture

I solved this problem by waterproofing the main temp board connector with a simple plastic bag.

HubCap

Hi,

Well I finally got round to taking my Vectrix bodywork off to do this yesterday. Sealing the main temp board connector seems to have helped. I have had three 'ignition on's without a temperature warning and one with. I managed to fully charge last night for the first time in months so many thanks for all the help and advice on here.

I have two further questions though:
When I took off the bodywork I found a connector on a lead marked "Ambient Temperature Sensor. The connector was not connected to anything though. Just flapping around loose (with no blanking cap) outside of the batteries, near the left hand footrest. Should it be like this? If not, where should it be connected to please? Many thanks.
A picture of how it should be connected would be brilliant - maybe this is why the fans don't come on after a ride in summer like they used to?!!!

Off topic, but I note that I am now "not allowed to post new content in this forum" I'd open a new topic to raise this, but I can't of course. I even tried creating a new user but that's just the same - anyone know why this should be?

Many thanks as always..

Hubcap

Keep it shiny side up!

HubCap

I can now post new topics , so I will start a new thread based on my questions above - sorry for the inconsistency, I have no idea why I was blocked from posting new topics yesterday!

Keep it shiny side up!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage