500Watt Electric Scooter Throttle

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Carolg
500Watt Electric Scooter Throttle

Hi,

My name is Carol, I have a 48volt by 500watt electric scooter/ebike. I purchased some CRC Electronic cleaning spray to try and clean the inside of the throttle a little and the throttle stopped working. Picture of throttle with kill switch is Below:
Throttle Number 1_0.jpg

I always keep a couple of spare parts in the garage in case of an emergency. I had a spare cheap throttle to put on the bike and everything was working fine, however, I wanted to get a throttle with a kill switch. Picture of spare cheap throttle is Below:
Throttle Number 2.jpg

I have just purchased a new throttle with a couple of features on it. For example there is a kill switch and a Hi and low speed switch. For some strange reason when I changed the throttle over to the new throttle the bike started going slower, than the old cheap throttle that I was using. I didn't think I was going to make it back home.
Throttle New.jpg

I have changed the throttle back to the spare cheap throttle and the bike runs normally again. Unfortunately, I do prefer the kill switch. Each throttle has a magnet inside the throttle. Does anyone know what can cause the bike to go slower when changing the throttle?

All feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

MEroller
MEroller's picture
Re: 500Watt Electric Scooter Throttle

I have just purchased a new throttle with a couple of features on it. For example there is a kill switch and a Hi and low speed switch. For some strange reason when I changed the throttle over to the new throttle the bike started going slower, than the old cheap throttle that I was using.

I have highlighted a possible culprit in bold font. The same thing happened to me this morning: The first thing I noticed was a very smooth takeoff through the 30km/h zones in our town, but when I turned my "throttle" to full blast heading out of town I found the acceleration to be very wanting and dopping off quickly. But I immediately flipped my High/Low Switch back to "High", and all was well again :-)

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage