Tires and tubes

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Native One
Tires and tubes

Has anyone found more durable tires, tubes, for an xb-610.

The tires are CST 12x2.5.

I'm also wondering if a higher profile tire would make the speedometer read more accurately.

Heman B.
Re: Tires and tubes

The speedo meter is a combination of RPM's and voltage.
Whenever you're driving under load, more voltage will be sent to the meter, than when you're driving with little or no load.
The speedometer is reasonably correct without load, however with load it's about 5MPH on top speed off.

What's more, at ~7MPH is the only time when it shows the right speed. Lower than 7, the speed is posted too slow, and higher than 7 it's posted too fast.

So, no, tires won't change much of anything. If anything you could increase the rear tire profile depth, only if you're mainly riding on flat land. The larger the tire, the slower the bike will go over hills; although, in order to increase the speed by 5MPH, you'll need to change the tire depth by at least 4 in; which will be some huge ass tires!, and I don't know if the tire will still fit that way!

You can always get the stock tires from http://www.x-tremescooters.com/owning/parts/parts.html

Native One

Ok,

Thank you.

Have you tried or seen:

A liner (to help prevent flats) that goes between the Tire and tube for these scooters?

Also,

If I do a 60volt mode.........How much extra range I can get?

I currently go 20 mph (accordingly to gps) and 35 miles per charge with stock batteries.

I still had some juice in the batteries.

I know its not a good idea to drain the batteries that far, but I just had to find out! Lol!!!

Heman B.

They are tubeless tires. You could put some fixaflat in them if you ever get a flat.

60V mod, will only increase speed and torque by a bit. Your mileage will decrease, and you'll lose regenerative braking as well as increase the risk to fry the controller.

mopedbrainy

FORGET THE MODE .Any new 48V 800W controller will do the trick---SPEED Though makes big difference between 500-600 watts motor .My 48v controller runs my 60v ping battery ( which when fully charged goes over 72.1 volts) so the idea is to lower under voltage cut off because there is at least $300 difference between a 48 and a 60v lifepo4 pack plus 48v system would make your batts last longer if an extra is added also range increase .Torque is the drawback but despite difference in opinions my humble belief is that just an inch change in wheel diameter does not seem much when ONLY multiplied by the RPM's .It also has to be multiplied 60 times

Native One

At the moment; Range is my main conscern.

I'll stick with the same tires.

Thank you.

ProDigit

To increase range a 60V pack will increase range too low.
It's much better to add another 48V pack in series; or take an extra battery with you, which you can replug in the bike.

I have plugged in a 48V 10Ah, and gotten 50miles range out of the internal 20Ah + 10Ah pack, and still had left over.

Native One

Thank you.

How did you plug in the extra battery?

ProDigit

The safest, and easiest way is to plug it in the socket where the other battery is.
Just store the battery in your helmet compartment under the seat, and wire the wire to the other battery.
When one battery is empty, just replug the plug, and you're good to go.

Another method, less recommended, but works as well, is to plug the extension battery, straight into the charger port, but make sure both batteries are charged.

In your case, with Lead Acid batteries it is not recommended to do that. However if you buy a battery of the same type, it won't do harm.

A third option is to use a diode, and wire the batteries in parallel, with one or two diodes on one of the wires.
This is recommended if you want easy acces, and charge protection.

mopedbrainy

" THE MODE " is done with the intention to gain eider SPEED or TORQUE .RANGE opposess the equation . Sure , bigger power pack and so is mileage . Still , 60v on a 48v 800w makes sooooooooooo zesty . Atain balace and you have reached e-bike Nirvana.

Native One

Nirvana sounds good to me...Lol!

Native One

Thank you.

I was wrong on the tire size.
Tires are 16 x 2.5.
They Are Not Tubeless

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new