Charger dead on VX1 - anyone got used/new one?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shaddle
Charger dead on VX1 - anyone got used/new one?

Hi All

Been reading the various posts here with interest, since my 2007 VX1 suddenly stopped charging last week. Great Forum and people - thanks.

Looking like I will certainly need a new charger (or used one of course).

Would that be a Runkey/Runky one these days? Anyone got one they didn't fit or anything or is it a new one from the factory? (I read they are near impossible to fix and are prone to failure anyway)

thanks

Adam

Spaceangel
Re: Charger dead on VX1 - anyone got used/new one?

Shaddle
If you take apart your charger, you will notice a 240 volt only tap on ckt board. Maybe you can try the other side / wire. In Europe I think it is 220, 50 Hz only? In Massachusetts we have 60 Hz 120 / 240 volts. Look at where cord goes into ckt card and trace it out. I do believe VX-1 has a spare charge circuit. I remember talking to some one in New Bedord Massachusetts about why there was so many wires in VX-1. Just been too many years agao to remember about what exactly we talked about. Since you think it is dead maybe try it and or call and email Vectrix and let us know more about charger. I took some pictures years agao when I took a wrecked VX-1 charger apart. I think I put charger in storage. Before I put charger in storage I was going to just keep the power cord out because I use it more than most people. When the scooter went around the block or store I got back home and kept it topped off. Never or hardly go below 5 bars. I also tapped battery pack for a 125 volt going to SB-50 to measure voltage and or power failure / charging scenario. Is Vextrix still in full buisness yet? I haven't seen any ads for it. .

KB1UKU

Shaddle
Re: Charger dead on VX1 - anyone got used/new one?

thanks Spaceangel

As I couldn't find a used one, I've got EFS in the UK (the only official importer of Vectrix now here) coming this week to have a look, bringing a new charger in case it's required. I believe that Vectrix were bought out and continue to sell/produce from the factory in Poland.

Thanks for the suggestions though which I will try later this week. Seems like the parts are hard to come by and in any case I think the newer Runke chargers and software are kinder to the old batteries.

Will drop an update on the forum to finish off the thread next week (assuming all gets fixed!)
regards

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage