Diagnostic software + left gearbox seal

1 post / 0 new
jamesengland
Diagnostic software + left gearbox seal

First of all, thank you, Oh Mighty Webmaster, for responding to my appeal to be able to post new topics! :)

I've a newly acquired Vectrix VX1 from 2008 which has 18,000 miles on the clock. Although I've always had big conventional motorbikes (and still do), I got into riding an electrically-assisted pushbike about 6 years ago and built one as well, which I still see whizzing around the town. I've been fascinated by electric vehicles ever since and bought the Vectrix about a month ago. It apparently has the latest MC although it has the original NiMh batteries.

I've been familiarising myself with the bike and have done the rear gear box mod re oil filler. I've put two new tyres on as the ones on it were hard and past it. I've stripped off panels and had a good look around etc. I'm really impressed by the riding experience and am really get even more hooked than I was before!

I've been avidly reading the thousands of posts in this forum and picking up and assimilating as much of the information as possible. At present, I don't think my original batteries are a problem, although I have looked into what's what re lithium conversion and now feel that I know Matt Antiscab personally after watching the videos many times to get used to what's involved...

My question is..... does anyone have a copy of the diagnostic software which is mentioned so much? I missed out on a canbus cable on eBay (didn't bid enough) last week but I didn't really seriously go for it since I don't have the sofware. So.... is it readily available from forum member(s)? If so, can I have it please?

One other thing. I just bought 4 left side gearbox oil seals from the seller in Germany. I've stripped my gearbox and bought a replacement left bearing (the big one), a right oil seal too and generally looked at it. I bought 4 of the seals because the retailer imposed a surcharge on small orders... so I just spent up to what the total, including surcharge, would have been to get my seal. That means I have three spare ones available, at cost, to anyone who wants one. I do not wish to profit from it and they work out at about £10 each before postage to anyone who wants one. Just send me a message if you do want one.

Also, a forum member from a motorbike forum I'm in has kindly agreed to send me the left bearing from the USA (the seller won't ship to the UK). They are about £55 each including postage. I've only oredered the one but can get others if required..

So.... software anyone??

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage