Temperature readings

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
jamesengland
Temperature readings

I'm wondering how reliable the temperature readout is on the left instrument dial. I've read on this forum about high battery temperatures and people are understandably concerned that their batteries are being damaged etc.

However, I rode my bike today for no more than 1 low-speed mile, if that. I put the bike on charge almost straight afterwards and the 'temperature' was 60 degrees C. The flow of air from the cooling fans was stone-cold. The reading remained, even when I unplugged and started again. Quite obviously, the battery had not reached a real sixty degrees because, after 5 minutes of charging, the temperature dropped, in one increment, to 2 degrees and has sat there ever since whilst the bike charges, outside in the cold.

I'm therefore wondering if false readings are common, as with other error messages that occasionally pop up and then go away? eg the other day, my spanner light came on for some unknown reason, then went out again and has not recurred.

It seems to me that the Vectrix is comparable to a laptop on wheels and, like any computer, can get itself in a twist for no apparent reason, then straighten out after a re-boot. I wonder how reliable the temperature indication side of things is???

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture
Re: Temperature readings

60 means sub zero celsius.
Is your bike parked outside?

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

jamesengland
Re: Temperature readings

It was when I was charging it (from an outside socket) and it was very cold outside. Looks like my theory's wrong then! The gauge works correctly....

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage